Anyone have a release date on the Asus MG279Q for the United States?

UnrealCpu

2[H]4U
This monitor in my opinion should have been released a month ago

Very shady by Asus:D

I guess it was released to vendors, but was recalled due to something with 144Hz. What is up with Asus monitor QC?!?

Originally the MG279q going to be released in Europe at the beginning of May followed by a release in the US around the end of May.

During the initial release, some people found that the monitor was dropping every 6th frame. In effect it made the monitor refresh at 120hz and not 144hz. Due to this, Asus recalled the monitor saying it would take a month to re-release the monitor.

I have not heard any updated time-frame for the last week so whether the US release is still scheduled for this month is anyone's guess.

Originally the MG279q going to be released in Europe at the beginning of May followed by a release in the US around the end of May.

During the initial release, some people found that the monitor was dropping every 6th frame. In effect it made the monitor refresh at 120hz and not 144hz. Due to this, Asus recalled the monitor saying it would take a month to re-release the monitor.

I have not heard any updated time-frame for the last week so whether the US release is still scheduled for this month is anyone's guess.

great so they took the monitors back to the factory reopened them and will resell them at top dollar. I think i will wait until August until this monitor goes to the beta testers

I cannot believe Acers new 144hz IPS has had the market share this long for gsync

when in the heck is MG 279Q coming out with a 144hz panel or any LED manufacture that is going to be reasonable? I find it very unfair to the consumer that Acer is providing crap quality control with this new gsync IPS monitor . In fact for 800.00 we should be getting 27" OLED about now already..

sorry had to rant because I want to upgrade my 60hz Korean DS270s

OLED could of been out long time ago for PC, but it would be the only monitor you would ever buy, because it would be perfect, no lag, no hz, no input lag, perfect viewing angles, perfect color, etc.

you think they want to release that? never,, they would go out of business.

the trick is to make you keep buying stuff over and over and over.................

to be honest, I think they will purposely limit OLED displays in certain areas for PC once they come out, this way they can brag about how its improving over time, while its being done on purpose just so people buy newer ones.

they been doing it with LCD panels for a long time.

Back