Anyone have a Linksys BEFSR41 ?

Lsv

Limp Gawd
I've got a BEFSR41 but no power adapter I was wondering if anyone had one, I know it's 9V 1000mA but the Linksys doc says it's AC power and that is hard to believe. I was wondering if anyone had a BEFSR41 and could check on the power adapter for it's output.

Just checked mine and it matches those specs.

I think they mean that the power adapter is AC, not the router itself. You still need some wall-wart device to convert household AC power to the 9V 1000mA power you stated. Directly connecting 120V AC to the router will not have postive results.

Called Linksys, it's DC in for sure at 9V 1000mW... I wasn't sure if it was DC or AC in at this strength due to a document on the linksys site stating 9V 1000mW AC and that's all it said. AC what? Ac power in? AC converted in? pffft :)

SparksNelec said:
I think they mean that the power adapter is AC, not the router itself. You still need some wall-wart device to convert household AC power to the 9V 1000mA power you stated. Directly connecting 120V AC to the router will not have postive results.
The output of the wall wart is 9VAC. I even checked it on my scope. :) But it probably gets rectified pretty quickly inside the router, so a DC supply would probably work just as well.

Back