Anyone have a DigiDoc or something close?

Atl530i

Supreme [H]ardness
There anything out there like the DigiDoc 5 like I had in my old PC? I have everest running but would rather have something that is more accurate. The CPU runs at around 45~52c which I guess is normal. My P4 runs at ~40C so not that much of a change between CPUs. I found a few things on eBay but they look like ass compared to the DigiDoc. If anyone has a DigiDoc also I'll buy it from you also.

I just built a new computer after keeping my old P4 2.5 for almost 4 years with just hard drive upgrades, lol. Tax refunds are great....

Pentium D 925
Zalman CNPS9500 AT Cooler
2GB Kingston PC800 DDR2 RAM
Intel DG965WH motherboard
ATI (VisionTek) X1300XT PCIE
Antec P180 case
Antec Neo 550wt PSU
And about 500gigs of hard drive space internally. The other 500gigs are external. (Backup)

19" Samsung widescreen
USB KVM switch

Thanks for any inputs and yes I did search, lol.

If anyone needs a P4 2.4b box CPU/cooler, PM me. I got an extra now.

Justin

I just ordered one off of eBay. I am interested in seeing how it does. just a geeky toy :D but for about $20 that is just fine! I plan to control the back fan and the lights with it. the other fans will stay auto pilot

my concern is the temperature probe actually inhibiting cooling. I am a bit nervous about putting it on the CPU.

The digidoc 5 are great fan controllers. I have 3 of them. All the older version with the 40mm fan in the front and not the usb/firmwire connectors. The only problem I have ever had with any of them is that the reset every once and awhile. About the only real complaint I have with them is you cannot very the fan speed. Either the fans are on or off.

Stevenondrive- Put the temp probes on the side of the cpu and gpu. Don't put them between the cpu/gpu and the heatsink. It will read acurate. My digidoc always reads 1 deg C or less different from the bios or software readings.
Another hint for you is if you plan on setting it up so some of your fans only turn on when it reaches a certain temp, unsolder the little speaker from the board. The display will still flash at you when it reaches the warning temp but atleast it doesn't beep. Example is I have 2 80mm fans mounted in the bottom of my case facing upwards that only turn on if the inside case temp reaches 35 degress C. And since I water cool they normally only turn on during the middle of summer when it will be around 85 deg F in my house.

Wow, I forgot about this thread, lol. I'll check out that website. The DD5 I had was the regular version also. The firewire/USB thing is new I guess.

Back