• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anyone hate the 360 Steering Wheel?

young wing

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 21, 2007
Messages
2,552
A few weeks ago I picked up Dirt 2 and have been playing it with the controller; I frickin' own with the controller.

So when Forza 3 came out, along with the BB deal of buy 2 console games get one free I picked up NFS Shift too. I hate the steering wheel. I can not drive for shit with it, Force feedback throws off the experience completely. The car, no matter which game I play does not seem to do what I want it to do via the wheel. I can barley finish a race with the damn thing.

Anyone else hate it?
 
I hate it as well. It seems like you have to be super firm with it. If you drive over a bump the FF moves the wheel which in turn moves the cars wheels in game making you spin/move around, so to stay in a straight line it seems you just have to either A. go really slow, or B. manhandle the wheel which if you're like me and can't attach the whee to a steady platform kinda sucksl. Controller it just rumbles and has no effect on your driving.
 
Being a G25 owner, somehow I love the MS wheel. I do agree with the Dirt 2 comment, it's pretty bad with that game, however with Forza 3.......the experience is just amazing.
 
The wheel works incredibly well with Forza and adds a new layer of feedback which improves the whole driving experience. It really helps you feel the weight of the car and exactly when you are at the limit.

Not so much with Dirt 2 and NFS:Shift. Dirt's physics are way too unrealistic...I feel like my car is made of paper and I have an extraterrestrial amount of grip. I'm better off using a controller for that game. NFS:Shift just has terrible physics all around, which is why there is a large grassroots movement devoted to fixing the game with "realism mods".

FYI, my wheel is modded with a ball bearing and I have a Playseats Evolution cockpit and a Buttkicker. Ordered the Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel, as well.
 
Last edited:
Anyone know if I can return it after it's been opened?

Edit: From Best Buy
 
Last edited:
Anyone know if I can return it after it's been opened?

it depends on where you bought it from. if you got from a store like best buy or walmart, they'll probably take it back and give you a full refund with a receipt, but stores like gamestop probably wont take it back, and if they do you shouldn't expect to receive anything more than store credit.
 
+1 for a hating the MS Wheel. Too bad there aren't many options out there for a higher end wheel. The Fanatec is pricey and availability isn't good. Plus for the price the G25 or G27 look like better wheels.
 
I like the wheel, granted its the only one Ive own. If people dont like the FF, you can always lower the setting, at least in forza, but i feel its adds to the game.
Also, I wish they would make a clutch add-on or a new pedal set. Hate pressing the B button to use the clutch, but cant race without it...
 
+1 for a hating the MS Wheel. Too bad there aren't many options out there for a higher end wheel. The Fanatec is pricey and availability isn't good. Plus for the price the G25 or G27 look like better wheels.

Fanatec has the GT 3 RS Clubsport edition for example if you don´t need 360 support. That is about G27 level in pricing and about the same except the grip is difference and alcantara vs leather :)
 
The wheel should only be used for racing SIMS as far as I am concerned. Plus I use the battery instead of plugging it in so I dont have to deal with the force feedback.
 
I love the wheel, its more realistic than a controller which just vibrates when you hit grass/walls etc.. With the wheel, shit gets crazy real fast.
 
I hate the wheel, but, I have to predicate that by saying I also hate driving games, especially of the Sim variety. Give me Mario Kart over Forza any day.
 
The wheel should only be used for racing SIMS as far as I am concerned. Plus I use the battery instead of plugging it in so I dont have to deal with the force feedback.

Hmmm didn't know that. I'll try it with batteries since FF sucks hard.
 
Back
Top