anyone has the GeForce 6600GT AGP ?

p.i.m.p

Gawd
i'm in the market of getting a new vid card, it's time to say goodbye to my awesome Asus GF4ti4200x8, but with 6800GT's going for $500++ i was wondering if anyone has experienced the 6600GT ?

p.i.m.p said:
i'm in the market of getting a new vid card, it's time to say goodbye to my awesome Asus GF4ti4200x8, but with 6800GT's going for $500++ i was wondering if anyone has experienced the 6600GT ?

I just put mine in last week and I'm very pleased so far. Haven't done any benchmarks, but from what I've seen, it is a pretty good upgrade from my old 9800 Pro.

The main reason I bought it was for dual DVI.

Been looking for the 6600gt agp version....how is it performing...

swirly said:
i have it.. and i play CS:S and hl2 with nocomplaints

Ender, Swirly, can you (or anyone else with a Geforce 6600GT AGP) do me a huge favor?

Go to this website:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/content_provider/film/ContentShowcase.aspx

Download the 1080 video of the "Step Into Liquid" trailer and play it in Windows Media Player. It's a huge file, so if you don't have broadband, I understand, hopefully someone will see this who does. Before playing it though, open up Task Manager. Observe what your CPU usage is when playing the file and let me know. I'm trying to get more information on the workings of the Nvidia Video Processor that's embedded in the Geforce 6xxx series of GPU's, and improved in the 6600 cards.

To anyone who can do this for me, thanks, I very much appreciate it. NOTE: If you're running a Pentium 4 Hyperthreading CPU, please disable Hyperthreading before doing all of this, or it will skew the results.

LoneWolf said:
Ender, Swirly, can you (or anyone else with a Geforce 6600GT AGP) do me a huge favor?

Go to this website:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/content_provider/film/ContentShowcase.aspx

Download the 1080 video of the "Step Into Liquid" trailer and play it in Windows Media Player. It's a huge file, so if you don't have broadband, I understand, hopefully someone will see this who does. Before playing it though, open up Task Manager. Observe what your CPU usage is when playing the file and let me know. I'm trying to get more information on the workings of the Nvidia Video Processor that's embedded in the Geforce 6xxx series of GPU's, and improved in the 6600 cards.

To anyone who can do this for me, thanks, I very much appreciate it. NOTE: If you're running a Pentium 4 Hyperthreading CPU, please disable Hyperthreading before doing all of this, or it will skew the results.

here is a screenshot with HT on, will try it with it off later

this is like the first 40 seconds or so

test1.JPG

Thanks, Ender...I'll be waiting to see the results with HyperThreading off...though whatever driver revision you're using, it looks like my suspicions will be confirmed...the card isn't doing a hardware decode of WMV files, indicating that the Video Processor is still not enabled in the drivers.

I ran it on my Shuttle and it was using about 70% also. I switched to full screen, alt-enter, and it still used about 70%.

HT makes a BIG difference. Without it, the video wouldn't even play smoothly. Here is a side by side comparison I pieced together.
Using 66.93 drivers.

7777.bmp

Back