Anyone had a Dell monitor replaced? Did you have to send the old one back?

Crake8

Limp Gawd
Anyone here get a Dell Monitor replaced? I just got a U2312HM and it had a stuck pixel. Dell arranged a replacement (by the way, it came fast - I got it today, Monday, after requesting it Friday - next business day delivery - wow did not expect that.)

The new monitor came with a packing slip that stated I would be billed if replacement parts were not shipped in 10 days but then it added that if the slip stated, "No replacement part required" then there was nothing required for me to send back. There was no return label and at the bottom of the 2 page/legal length long folded sheet was blank adhesive backing where a return label would likely be if there were one and opposite the bare adhesive backing was large print stating, "No replacement part required."

Is this a slip-up or does Dell not want broken monitors back? This might seem a silly question but I recently bought a $60 gaming mouse on Amazon, from a third party merchant, that was defective and the merchant gave me a credit, and sent me an email stating the credit would be refunded on my credit card but the email had no instructions on how to send it back and when I emailed the merchant asking, the reply was that I could keep the mouse, they did not want it since it was defective. So, maybe the same with Dell. Perhaps another letter or email will have the return label and instructions but the packing slip clearly stated no parts required and explained that mean nothing was required of me.

I will call Dell to ask but first I was wondering what others experiences were in Dell monitor replacements.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how Dell does it, but normally when doing a return/replacement, you either return first, or the company arranges UPS to come by and pick up the broken one.

Did UPS leave a tag on your door or anything, saying they will be back for a pickup? When I returned my Dell monitor for a refund, they had to get the monitor back and examined, and it took several weeks. They evidently are much faster for replacements than refunds.

So... maybe Dell messed up in your case? Not sure how they work. I had something similar occur years ago with a broken exercise bike. Case was cracked, so they sent me a replacement, never asking for the broken one to be returned. I just kept it as a backup.

In the UK at least, Dell delivered my replacement first, then the next day another guy came to take the old one back.

Yes you need to ship the old monitor back in the box the new one came in. I just did this for a dell monitor at work and they provided a return label to send the defective one back. They definitely don't let you keep the bad one.

Dell requires you to return your old monitor or you will be billed for the new one.

When I had them, one of my 2209WA's developed several green lines across the screen. When I received the replacement, Dell included a return label to send the faulty one back.

They came to give a new dell 2209wa 2days after I called them.

You have to call them later for them to pick up the defective monitor.

IPS monitors have a 3 year garantee wich is pretty nice.
You NEED to keep the delivery box ( specifically the work order number ) because that's how they track their monitor instead of your name.

Back