Anyone got Vista installed on a laptop?

MaXimus

[H]ard|Gawd
can u connect to any network via WAN. just doesn't work for me. even with the lastest driver from Intel, it says that the network i'm trying to connect to is not supported by my WAN adapter.

I can see other networks in the neighbourhood which are not secured, but when i connect to them, it says limited connectivity, although I did connect to them in the past with XP.

So i had to uninstall Vista coz i played around with it alot and still wasn't able to get this issue resolved

I have it installed on an Inspiron 6400. Works fine on my Dell Wireless 1490 wifi card, though I had to use the Windows XP drivers.

yeah well I used the latest XP drivers as well as well as the drivers that came built into the OS, same result! XP drivers too

I had it on mine, worked fine with my Intel 2915ABG...

I stopped using it because i couldnt get the IBM Trackpoint driver to properly load...

Vista automatically loaded a driver for my Intel 2200BG.

Its running absolutely flawlessly on my Compaq V2608WM. I added a gig of ram to it and it flies along very well.

It found everything but the audio and modem. Even the built in wireless networking works great.

Good low cost Vista laptop.

It refuses to install on my IBM T21 or T20 Laptops.

Yeah, I know they are a tad slower than spec for Vista, but it's just for testing.

It gets to the "Install" window and I hit Install, then it brings up a blank "Error" box and goes back to the beginning.

-Larry

That doesn't come up as a valid thinkpad. What model is it?

-Larry

lithium726 said:
I had it on mine, worked fine with my Intel 2915ABG...

I stopped using it because i couldnt get the IBM Trackpoint driver to properly load...

What doesnt come up as a valid Thinkpad? Just the fact that my Spec doesnt meet what shipped in T40's? Well.... Thats not how it shipped. Its a 2373-PU7. I have upgraded the RAM, HDD, Screen, Proc, Wireless and optical drive.

I got it installed on my Acer Ferrari witout any problems... I installed the wireless drivers from Acer and i have had no issues with wireless installation issues

BUT, when i tried to connect to my wireless network which use to be no problem with XP I couldnt get connected, it wouldnt give me an IP

But (wierdly) i was able to connect to other wireless networks that previously couldnt... so i dunno what to tell ya...

Never mind. Short moment of silliness. I was using the 2915-abg as the M/T number :)

-Larry

lithium726 said:
What doesnt come up as a valid Thinkpad? Just the fact that my Spec doesnt meet what shipped in T40's? Well.... Thats not how it shipped. Its a 2373-PU7. I have upgraded the RAM, HDD, Screen, Proc, Wireless and optical drive.

Back