• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anyone got this message from steam?

Azureth

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Feb 29, 2008
Messages
5,323
Never tell your password to anyone.
Automated System: Hello, this is the Automated Account Validation service, provided by Valve.
In an attempt to crack down on abuse of accounts, we have begun validating accounts with suspicious behavior.

You are being required to validate your account for the follow reason(s).
Account accessed by multiple IPs during a short period of time.

In order to keep playing on servers protected by VAC you will need to reply to this message with the following information, in the exact same format.

Account:
Password:

Your account will remain able to play on VAC servers for the next 48 hours.

Please note that this is an *AUTOMATED SYSTEM*. If you have any questions or concerns you should visit the Steam Support page at http://support.steampowered.com/
(Case# - AQIR49183)
Azureth: whatever dude
Automated System: Hi.
Automated System: I'm Bob Parson with Valve.
Azureth: my username is shut the fuck up, and my password is eat your moms ♥♥♥♥
Automated System: Alright, I think we're going to have to suspend your account.
Azureth: valve never asks for name or password
Automated System: No, not usually.
Automated System: Would you be more comfortable verifying online with a credit card?
Azureth: ive been warned about people like you
Automated System: by whom?
Automated System: Sir, we can VAC ban you right now.
Azureth: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?p_faqid=301
Azureth: Never tell your password to anyone.
Automated System: Sir, if I ban your account would you believe me?
Automated System: Give me a second.
Azureth: bwaha you cant ban shit
Automated System: It's already done.
Automated System: Try to logout and back in.,
Azureth: Isnt VAC for blocking game cheats?
Automated System: I didn't VAC ban you, I banned you for racism.

Funny, I logged back in just fine:)

I tried adding him to my friends list to gloat but it was unable to find "Automated System", how did they do that?
 
Lmao... what a lame attempt, haha. Should have made it a bit longer, waste their time, and make an epic out of it :p
 
I tried adding him to my friends list to gloat but it was unable to find "Automated System", how did they do that?

It's just a nickname to display online, like you can change your MSN name to whatever, but it doesn't mean it's their actual MSN email.
 
You know. Last year I got tricked into this because I was a noob, and didn't read steam forums.

Anyways...

They changed my steam password.
They changed my password to my email that is associated with steam. (hotmail account)

Then I tried to retrieve my hotmail account password by getting it sent to my gmail account.
and guess what.
They changed my gmail account too.

I filed a report to steam and got my steam account back (which has about 12 games on it)
I immediately made a new password for it.

So out of it all, I lost 2 good email accounts that were almost 2 years old. and 1 solid week of steam gaming. :(

I learned my lesson. Never EVER give your password out.

It makes me happy to see you catch that fag's in the act. I have no idea how they do that message thing but they suck!
 
How did they get into your hotmail email account?

I still have no damn idea man.
That whole thing happened over a year ago.
It sucks because the Paypal account I use is still attached the the email address that I cant access.
And I cant change my PayPal primary email with out accessing the hacked email account.
Luckily paypal still works though.

He probably used the same email for all his accounts.

Nope they were all different. I think it might have been a virus or something weird.
As soon as I got my steam account back. I reformatted and install Vista Ultimate x86
So everything was fresh :)
 
I still have no damn idea man.
That whole thing happened over a year ago.
It sucks because the Paypal account I use is still attached the the email address that I cant access.
And I cant change my PayPal primary email with out accessing the hacked email account.
Luckily paypal still works though.



Nope they were all different. I think it might have been a virus or something weird.
As soon as I got my steam account back. I reformatted and install Vista Ultimate x86
So everything was fresh :)

I would've been quite upset and worried. Glad you got your Steam account back. It's better than nothing. :)
 
glad that you got it back, these phishing scams happen all the time, I have to admit even with me being in IT some of them look realistic.

good rule of thumb is make your email password the hardest as they usually contain other login passwords.
 
the same BS has been going on for some time, and so many little kids are losing their accounts. It's sad. Stupid fcker can't even tell the difference b/t whom and who
 
Incredible. We run phishing emails on users at work all the time and we still catch some of the same people giving out sensitive information.

Bravo to the OT for riding that clown from the get-go. :)
 
I had one of those guys message me. I started to play along, "Of course, one minute, I'll go find my username/pass for you, I have it written down". I just kept it going, and tried to get them as excited as possible. "Oh, I can't find it at the moment. Is there anyway I could possibly email it to you later today when I locate it? I have a ton of games associated with this account, so I would hate to lose it". Eventually I just told him not to waste my time and I've already reported this case to steam. I'm sure a lot of people fall for this junk though.
 
I had one of those guys message me. I started to play along, "Of course, one minute, I'll go find my username/pass for you, I have it written down". I just kept it going, and tried to get them as excited as possible. "Oh, I can't find it at the moment. Is there anyway I could possibly email it to you later today when I locate it? I have a ton of games associated with this account, so I would hate to lose it". Eventually I just told him not to waste my time and I've already reported this case to steam. I'm sure a lot of people fall for this junk though.

Hehe, I'd love to try this one day, but I've never had one of those guys message me even though I've used Steam since Source came out
 
Hehe, I'd love to try this one day, but I've never had one of those guys message me even though I've used Steam since Source came out

had that happen to me in AOL (10 years ago)
oh what fun...
you just say whatever you want pretty much and call them what ever you want
 
I almost fell for one of these once. Thankfully I caught myself in time. *phew*


It's hard to think in the middle of a heated TF2 match!
 
I have tried messing with them when they try to talk to me, but they never respond to me. No fun for me. :(
 
Haven't gotten any message like that. But if I do they can guarentee a messin' with. :D
 
Back
Top