Anyone got shadowrun on PC?

JonnyK

2[H]4U
I'm looking for a review but no web sites have them up, i'm guessing that the developers or publishers or whoever are not allowing places to review the game or something otherwise the reviews would be up. Anyone got any thoughts on the finished game? I thought it looked like a cool game but a lot of things i've been hearing are making it sound terrible. Thoughts?

I am now angry/depressed with this game. I was excited about 30-40 mins ago but I just found out that you need Vista and there is no crosshair on the PC version.

Back to waiting for Quake Wars or whatever the hell else comes out/gets pushed the **** back.

I was looking for reviews too. For whatever it's worth, the game was released today and it often takes a couple of days to edit reviews on games that don't have a huge fan following. Most people don't give a rats ass about Shadowrun for PC, since the Vista-only thing kind of makes it irrelevant to 95% of PC gamers. Microsoft and FASA can't prevent anyone from reviewing a released game though, that would be impossible... all I'm saying is that the PC version probably isn't high on most people's "must buy" list.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Shadowrun. The idea of a mod-able PC version with cross platform XBL support intrigues me. Really there are only two things I'm worried about that may kill the game for me:

1) IGN Australia mentioned that the PC version has inferior graphics and performance to the 360 version even on high-end PCs, although this may have changed recently.

2) No single-player campaign means the game is useless unless a lot of people play it.

I hope the game turns out to be awesome. But I won't be heartbroken if it's just another lame FASA game. I don't remember a standout game by them since Mechwarrior 2. And that was more than half my age ago.

I am now angry/depressed with this game. I was excited about 30-40 mins ago but I just found out that you need Vista and there is no crosshair on the PC version.
Wait wait... no crosshair? Where did you hear this?

Yeah i'm not buying in to any of the crap i've heard till i see a review of the final copy of the game, but i did read somewhere that they dumbed down the graphics for the pc and added in a super retarded auto aim feature to controller users, but i want to see a final review because the game mechanics sound really fun.

Yeah i'm not buying in to any of the crap i've heard till i see a review of the final copy of the game, but i did read somewhere that they dumbed down the graphics for the pc and added in a super retarded auto aim feature to controller users, but i want to see a final review because the game mechanics sound really fun.

That auto aim feature can be found in most FPS games on the consoles...retarded isn't it?

yes...must more so here since they are going up against non-auto-aiming pc players. And i wish you could turn off the autoaim in the console versions because it annoys me

That auto aim feature can be found in most FPS games on the consoles...retarded isn't it?

Atleast on halo2 PC, you get auto aim if you use the gamepad instead of keyboard + mouse. If a control scheme requires dumbing down aiming, what does that say about the control scheme?

I'm never a fan of auto aim, if you cant do it normally, practice more! dont rely on electronic crutches. its the same as cheating in my eyes.

Just wanted to add that a few deal sites I go to routinely get store ad's in advance, and the ad for next week has a killer deal on Shadowrun

Circuit City 6 / 3 - 6/ 9

Shadowun will be $37.99, however Circuit City is giving away a FREE copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator X with purchase!

Tempted to grab Shadowrun just to get a free MFSX and just dump Shadowrun on Ebay for close to retail :D But this might be a good deal to those who want Shadowrun, and don't mind getting a free game with it. The guy who brings us the ad's is spot on 99.9% of the time so I don't think this is a mistake or anything.

This deal is probably the only redeeming quality Shadowrun will have.

which is not really auto aim, I think the term is aim assist. It doesn't move the crosshair by itself to the closest enemy, it just slows down if you run it across an enemy, and will sorta get pulled if the enemy starts moving. It's far worse in halo2, but not so bad in halo1.

roufuss thanks for the deal info I will wait till sunday to pick this up and get my free game :-P

The only thing that worries me about this game, besides it sucking, is that there will be NO PC community behind it whatsoever - it has no modding, no map making, nothing to promote longetivity at all, and I'm not paying extra money just to play with a bunch of foul mouthed, headset + microphone wearing children on Xbox Live.

I just know that in a month and a half Quake Wars will be out and Shadowrun, on the PC side, will be a graveyard.

Man its such a dissapointment that this game is Vista only, makes it that much longer until i get it.

I can't believe anyone would buy the PC version. The PC version gets gimped controls while the Xbox 360 version gets an auto aim cheat. I'd sooner play Barbie Horse Adventures.

I can't believe anyone would buy the PC version. The PC version gets gimped controls while the Xbox 360 version gets an auto aim cheat. I'd sooner play Barbie Horse Adventures.

I just played through the first tutorial, and I'm sorry to report the mouse movements aren't gimped at all, sorry for those of you that chose to think they were. IMHO, they're not.

You have vertical and horizontal adjustments. I think the scale goes to 100, and I have mine set at 25, so if that gives you any indication, and I very much like *twitchy* movements.

I'll reserve an opinion until after I have played some matches and decided what class(s) to take. I will say that using a weapon one second and a gun the next is quite satisfying :D

Do you want to own up and by Barbies Horse Adventures, or would you like it from me as a gift? :D

I just played through the first tutorial, and I'm sorry to report the mouse movements aren't gimped at all, sorry for those of you that chose to think they were. IMHO, they're not.

You have vertical and horizontal adjustments. I think the scale goes to 100, and I have mine set at 25, so if that gives you any indication, and I very much like *twitchy* movements.

I'll reserve an opinion until after I have played some matches and decided what class(s) to take. I will say that using a weapon one second and a gun the next is quite satisfying :D

Do you want to own up and by Barbies Horse Adventures, or would you like it from me as a gift? :D

Yes please play an online game and see if the crosshair is still there.

Is there an option to set up a dedicated server, or does everything HAVE to go through Live Anywhere?

Is it just speech only in multiplayer (like most 360 online games), or is there the ability for PC users to type in game messages?

Is the online setup where you can play ONLY with PC users, or do you not ever know who you are playing against?

Just some questions for you, since Sphere is the only one I've seen who bought it for the PC, and there are no reviews =O

Yea, Sphere need the downlow :) If you have Xbox Gold I hope you are owning the console players :-P

It asks if you want to play on a dedicated server, and has an option to join only those games.

Not sure about communication, I know it works for others since I see the icon come on the screen next to the players name. I don't anticipate using voice, I've spent enough time on Live with my 360 listening to all the whiners.

I have seen nothing indicating that you can choose pc or 360 users.

Online DOES have crosshairs.

Edit:I'll post more as I get further along. It does run really nice.

I hope it would run nice on ur machine Sphere:

eVGA 680i A1
E6600 @
eVGA 8800 GTX
4 GB Ballistix Tracers
Zalman 9700NT
X-FI Fatal1ty
T.T.ToughPower 750
Antec Nine Hundred

LOL!

I am getting a GTX in a few weeks I hope my 7800gt can play it....

It asks if you want to play on a dedicated server, and has an option to join only those games.

Not sure about communication, I know it works for others since I see the icon come on the screen next to the players name. I don't anticipate using voice, I've spent enough time on Live with my 360 listening to all the whiners.

I have seen nothing indicating that you can choose pc or 360 users.

Online DOES have crosshairs.

Edit:I'll post more as I get further along. It does run really nice.

Thanks a lot! Now I need to get a copy of Vista to try this game out. What version of Vista do I want the 32 or 64 bit?

Thanks a lot! Now I need to get a copy of Vista to try this game out. What version of Vista do I want the 32 or 64 bit?

Depends if you want support for 3+ gigs of ram. If you're planning to stay at 2 gigs for a long time, then just do 32bit. Biggest perk of 64 is for the high memory allocation ceiling.

I agree, I went with 64 so the OS could see all 4 gb.

I'm interested in this game too. Regarding RAM in Vista (32-bit here), if I'm going to add some, should I just get 2 512 sticks to round it out at 3GB since I'll be limited to around that amount anyway?

I just installed and played it. I have no idea what I was doing- I just wanted to join in a game on Live to check it out. Game ran extremely smooth for me- I have 2g of system memory. The graphics remind me of the Source- Half Life 2 engine. I am ran everything maxed out at 1280 x 1024. It appeared I was playing against some Xbox players since they were talking on Live already.

I need to actually read the manual and do the tutorials but the initial impression is good for me.

Scott

So is there no single player at all?

EDIT:And please post a few screens

I'm interested in this game too. Regarding RAM in Vista (32-bit here), if I'm going to add some, should I just get 2 512 sticks to round it out at 3GB since I'll be limited to around that amount anyway?

I used 2x1GB and 2x512MB in my P4 system - it worked great.

I just built a new C2D system with 4x1GB and Windows can recognize 3326MB of it - and with 4x1GB or 2x2GB you are more likely to get a good matched set of memory than if you do 2x1GB and 2x512MB.

(The 4GB limit in 32 bit OS's includes ALL memory - video ram, flash roms, bioses, etc. I'm using a 640MB 8800GTS so 3326MB addressable is about right.

My opinion would be just go for 2gb, ram is so freakin cheap right now, and if you decide to go 64bit, you'll be all set, as it will see all of it.

Yes, you can play bot matches, like the UT series, along with a tutorial that I highly recommend you go through.

Back