Anyone got a Viewsonic 28" (VX2835WM)?

I recall this being a TN Panel, which may be why the biggest complaint is about viewing angle...

Needless to say, at that price point (I heard Costco had it for $599 on their site for a while)... And the positives that are still being given to the monitor, at the price point its at, its well worth every penny... I am seriously considering this as my secondary monitor.. But I may go CRT for that still...

- Fred

IMO, this panel will be fine for everything except DVD/HDTV viewing.
Go into any electrical store and watch a 26inch LCD HDTV.....that's what 244T, 2707, 275T will look like, but the TN won't match it.

The w2207 has the worst vertical viewing angle of any TN panel I've ever seen and people seem to like those. The 226bw S panel seemed to have a great vertical viewing angle so if these 24-28inch TN panels matched the S panel it wouldn't be any worse than the w2207, probably even better.

IMO, this panel will be fine for everything except DVD/HDTV viewing.
Go into any electrical store and watch a 26inch LCD HDTV.....that's what 244T, 2707, 275T will look like, but the TN won't match it.

make that everything except digital imaging/photography. DVD/HDTV/Any Movie viewing is just fine on TN panels, especially my 22inch.

I ordered one but since I am in Canada the store said it will be the end of the month before it arrives, Ill keep you guys updated.

Back