Anyone give up on Titan Quest?

piako

[H]ard|Gawd
Game got too hard near the mountain where the titan was burried. Plus there was a really odd audio glitch thing and the FPS in the orient forests lagged totally. Enjoyable otherwise.

Nope I still play it quite a bit. The bamboo forest is a bit tough with all the trees and what not but on my system its pretty smooth. The game is very system intense and a lot of people have reported weird FPS problems but I've never experienced on several different machines. What audio glitch are you refering to and what version of the game were you playing?

Not really. I just got a 360 in the middle of playing it, so I've been playing nothing but Rainbow Six Vegas for a few weeks. I'll get back into TQ before the expansion comes out.

Kinda, cause I got my hands on Neverwinter Nights 2.

Yeah. I was about halfway through and just got swamped with other games, and never got back into it...

I completed it. My 7900GT actually died halfway through the game, so when I got a new card I was determined to win it.
The game is really good for the first 1/2, but literally once you get to Egypt (and especially the orient) it's all just the same 'ol thing. There are fun sections like the hard-ass dragons on the great wall of China, but it's all pretty repetitious.
It's also a little annoying to have to make it to a save point in order to avoid fighting 10,000 monsters again, too.
I had a good time with it, but it could've used something to spice up the 2nd half. Once you kill the first Telkine, you've pretty much seen what the game is all about.

Gave up about an hour into it, too buggy (version 1.0 on PC). Coop play was laggy and crashy which is the whole reason I got it so I could play with my friends instead of Diablo 2.

Nope I still play it quite a bit. The bamboo forest is a bit tough with all the trees and what not but on my system its pretty smooth. The game is very system intense and a lot of people have reported weird FPS problems but I've never experienced on several different machines. What audio glitch are you refering to and what version of the game were you playing?

It's because this game loves 512meg video ram which you have... most of the problems come from the guys who have 256meg vram..

I finished this game a while ago... The last boss is super hard... If you didn't level up like crazy, your team will never beat it... Then you can play it again and again so you reach legendary single player...

Yes, I kind of gave up on it. No idea why, it just wasn't as much fun as I thought it was going to be.

I agree, it was pretty, and somewhat interesting for a while. I was somewhat bugged by the abundance of worthless "loot", and the fact that it never really seemed to change. As someone already mentioned, the save points were annoying too. I guess that's actually similar to D2's waypoints, but they just felt more annoying somehow.

I agree, it was pretty, and somewhat interesting for a while. I was somewhat bugged by the abundance of worthless "loot", and the fact that it never really seemed to change. As someone already mentioned, the save points were annoying too. I guess that's actually similar to D2's waypoints, but they just felt more annoying somehow.

qft, when it first came out I played 3/4 of the way through it and ended up getting bored with it. The story never drew me in like D2's. A couple weeks ago i forced myself to finish it up because I hate leaving games incomplete. I only got 2-3 really rare items for my character the entire game.

qft, when it first came out I played 3/4 of the way through it and ended up getting bored with it. The story never drew me in like D2's. A couple weeks ago i forced myself to finish it up because I hate leaving games incomplete. I only got 2-3 really rare items for my character the entire game.

Must be something wrong with your game if you only got 3 unique items through out whole game (I'm assuming you mean you beat normal -> epic -> legendary). If you only beat normal mode, then you're missing out the meat of the game.

TQ doesn't even get challenging until Epic, where you actually need some strategy to survive the mob. Not to mention the hundreds of blue (epic) and purple (legendary) items you can get only in the higher difficulty. Then there's the deep customization of each mastery, you can barley scratch the surface in normal since you get so little points. Did I mention there are also new (also very challenging - most people get their asses handed to them) bosses in Epic and Legendary? Yeah, I highly recommend people to REALLY finish TQ.

I installed some new mods of Oblivion and I've totally left Titan Quest. I didn't get very far though so there is always time to go back and start over...now that I think about it I might, because there hasn't been any good new PC games out lately and I need something to hold me over.

I miss the good old rpgs like DIABLO =D
those were great. Didn't get much into Titan quest..

wow I'm surprised at the negative vibes in here. My wife and I still play it. We both installed D2 and played that, but my wife didn't get as into D2 as titan quest.

I've got several chars that have beat the game all the way through and still play it quite frequently.

I actually think it's better than D2. I've prolly got about 10 days (24 hour periods) of playtime on all my chars.

It's a great game in my opinion. I'm really looking forward to the sequel and the graphics are absolutely outstanding. It was buggy in version 1.0 but really has been cleaned up by the current 1.20 patch.

What audio glitch are you refering to and what version of the game were you playing?

I can hear the soundtrack cutting in and out randomly. The character voices also stop/start randomly. Version 1.20 a64 x64 and a evga 7900 gt ko.

Is there a way to get TQ to report FPS. I may need to reduce the aa @ 1600x1200 (my res).

my wife has an AMD 64 bit 3200 processor and her sound cuts out occassionally too.

It maybe a windows XP 64 bit OS issue?

which is what she is running or if you are running 32 bit - maybe it's a 64 bit AMD proc issue? Or perhas just an onboard sound card issue (she also just uses onboard sound)

My p4 3.2 overclocked with a soundblaster never has any audio issues.

I can hear the soundtrack cutting in and out randomly. The character voices also stop/start randomly. Version 1.20 a64 x64 and a evga 7900 gt ko.

Is there a way to get TQ to report FPS. I may need to reduce the aa @ 1600x1200 (my res).

Onboard sound?

I have heard of this issue with onboard sound but never experienced it myself as I use a sound card. That might be an option to try if you wanna. Just a thought.

It's because this game loves 512meg video ram which you have... most of the problems come from the guys who have 256meg vram..

I finished this game a while ago... The last boss is super hard... If you didn't level up like crazy, your team will never beat it... Then you can play it again and again so you reach legendary single player...

I've played on several different systems

P4 2.8, 1Gb Ram, 6800 GT
3800+, 2gb ram, 7950GT
P4 2.8, 2GB ram, 7800 GS / 7600GS
and my current setup in sig.

All have played the game just fine, I had a few CTD's prior to v1.20 and only 1 after with the current rig but that I determined to be a bit too high of an OC. After moving the CPU back to 2.62 from 2.7 I've not had an issue.

It's not for everyone but I enjoy it a lot.

I wasn't able to quit playing untill I beat the normal mode. Even then its only going to be a temporary break in the action since Im not even close to maxing out my warfare skill tree. It was very challenging at times, but never too hard. I prefer It that way because theres somthing I respect about a last boss that makes me chug 100 potions (literally) and run for my life for 10-15 minutes. Heres a tip that made most of the boss fights much more manageable: hoard gear that gives stun resistance- getting stunned is the most sure-fire way to get killed.

I've played on several different systems

P4 2.8, 1Gb Ram, 6800 GT
3800+, 2gb ram, 7950GT
P4 2.8, 2GB ram, 7800 GS / 7600GS
and my current setup in sig.

All have played the game just fine, I had a few CTD's prior to v1.20 and only 1 after with the current rig but that I determined to be a bit too high of an OC. After moving the CPU back to 2.62 from 2.7 I've not had an issue.

It's not for everyone but I enjoy it a lot.

It plays fine but the game stutters with 256 vram on different levels especially if you ever get to Asia during the forest level... It's just the way this game runs...

http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html?modelx=33&model1=552&model2=551&chart=222

Must be something wrong with your game if you only got 3 unique items through out whole game (I'm assuming you mean you beat normal -> epic -> legendary). If you only beat normal mode, then you're missing out the meat of the game.

TQ doesn't even get challenging until Epic, where you actually need some strategy to survive the mob. Not to mention the hundreds of blue (epic) and purple (legendary) items you can get only in the higher difficulty. Then there's the deep customization of each mastery, you can barley scratch the surface in normal since you get so little points. Did I mention there are also new (also very challenging - most people get their asses handed to them) bosses in Epic and Legendary? Yeah, I highly recommend people to REALLY finish TQ.

Heh, i actually find that annoying. =] I played TQ on and off, expermenting with different characters, hoping to find one i liked. The fact that i'll need to beat the easy mode to even find the "meat of the game" (i.e. to start finding the good loot and explore the depth of the skill tree) is, i think, part of the problem. It's also not the best performer on my system (P4 2.26, X800XL, onboard sound), which makes beating easy mode feel more like work than fun. D2 i felt like i could just put in for 30 min, grab some levels, maybe some new gear, explore a new region, and stop. TQ seems to just take longer.

I'll keep it around, and probably go back to it after the next round of upgrades.

Yeah, I gave up on it...after going through the entire game for about the 11th time :p . I probably logged 200 hours on this game, it was a blast. Playing on legendary is a lot of fun, expecially when you start trying to find a complete set of legendary armor. I can't tell you how many hundreds of times I farmed legendary Typhon. Dangit, now I gotta go fire it up and play through again.

I just started playing again but i'm using the demeter and hades mods. Good game just a little stingy on the loot and xp imo. I had the same problem as beast, couldn't just sit down and play a little bit and get the same rewards you could like in Diablo 2.

If any of you guys want to game together, Hamachi or standard setup add me from the [H] X-Fire list and lets do some team gaming.

Back