Anyone getting a low windows experience index with 680

Galvin

2[H]4U
I was expecting to get a 7.9 for the graphics and gaming graphics. It scored 4.1 for Desktop performance for windows and 3D business and gaming graphics scored 5.7.
Processor scored 7.8 (not sure it didn't make 7.9). Everything else 7.9.

I figured this must be bugged or something. Using 301.42 nvidia drivers.

It always gives a total score of whatever the lowest scoring item in the subset is so if one of your items that was tested scored a 4.1, then your total will be 4.1. The Windows assessment is meaningless anyway.

it's possible your GTX680 was on "energy saver mode" and during the index evaluation it reads only the slow clocks to save energy when not running any graphic intense application. Try opening a game, and let windows evaluate your system with your game on screen. It's just a guess though...

Or set the card to Performance Mode in the NVIDIA Control Panel might help.

I was expecting to get a 7.9 for the graphics and gaming graphics. It scored 4.1 for Desktop performance for windows and 3D business and gaming graphics scored 5.7.
Processor scored 7.8 (not sure it didn't make 7.9). Everything else 7.9.

I figured this must be bugged or something. Using 301.42 nvidia drivers.

You have the Adaptive V-sync enabled globally or Frame Rate Target set to 60 in PrecisionX / MSI Afterburner. Disable that and run the assessment again.

Sometimes the WEI scores get bugged -- remove them as previously mentioned and you should be set.

Fixed, the problem was the fps limiter. 7.8 on cpu and 7.9 on all else.

Thanks

Back