Anyone get Q6600 at Newegg recently? What stepping?

silent-circuit

[H]F Junkie
Get a Q6600 at Newegg recently?

What stepping was it? B3, G0? Shipping is faster from Newegg, I've given up on getting one through the forums here, and I'm trying to get up and running by this weekend and I'm still on a budget. Getting it faster for $15 less is tempting... as is the OEM chip, though I don't know that's such a great idea.

Their shipping is slower. If you go to 3 day shipping guaranteed it's like $17 for the shipping.

I just got my q6600 OEM from newegg and it is a G0 SLACR L737B626

Does pretty good overclocking. 3ghz at stock voltage, 3.6ghz at 1.4ish, and I can push it more but my PWMs are overheating

Built a machine for my dad a few weeks ago ordered from Newegg, got a G0. Built a machine for his office in November and it was a B3 from Newegg. There will be a risk unless the retailer can guarantee a G0 stepping, so take your pick. Clubit.com is freaking awesome, so despite the slower shipping I'd go with them.

Their shipping is slower. If you go to 3 day shipping guaranteed it's like $17 for the shipping.
I don't understand what you're getting at. Even at $17 for 3 day shipping you're still cheaper than the Egg if you get it from ClubIT.

HB

I just got a q6600 OEM from newegg 2 weeks ago. It is a GO stepping, SLAR. I didn't bother looking at any of the other numbers. I'm running it at 3ghz atm, stock voltage. Temps are in place with a Tuniq Tower, I may try for more latter.

Is this known to be a good overclocker? I don't know haven't done any research. I have an Ultima 90 in the mail along with a lapping kit. After I get these i'll test out the overclocking on this baby.

Is this known to be a good overclocker? I don't know haven't done any research. I have an Ultima 90 in the mail along with a lapping kit. After I get these i'll test out the overclocking on this baby.

Relatively speaking, yes. The G0 stepping chips use lower base vcore and tend to run cooler, and thusly OC better, compared with the older B3 stepping chips.

However, I spend the extra $10 or so and picked up a Xeon X3220 instead. It should have even lower base vcore and run even cooler... at least, this is what my rather limited research has lead me to believe. Yet to see. Hoping to break 4Ghz, which would've been far more realistic with an X3230, but I can't afford the extra $200 for a 10x multi chip right now.

OEM or Retail? I read in another thread that the OEMs where G0 but the retails where still hit or miss.

Even at slowest shipping clubit ships the item to my house within the same timeframe as newegg's shipping, sometimes it comes faster. Maybe because im located in california.

what mobos you guys going to run those xeons in?
I think I'm gonna hold off a little longer b4 I pick up my quad...

what mobos you guys going to run those xeons in?
I think I'm gonna hold off a little longer b4 I pick up my quad...

Pretty much anything that'll run a Q6600 will run a LGA775 Xeon. I'm going to be using an XFX 680i LT, which is a reference design board.

I've actually had really good luck with shipping from ClubIT. Last time I ordered a case from them. Placed order, shipped same day, had it at my door next day. But I lived in Cali at the time so it didnt have to travel very far, but the time to process my order was really quick. Can't fault the seller once it leaves their doors, all you can stress on them is getting it out the door quickly

My parents ordered a Q6600 in early December from Newegg, and it turned out to be a G0.

Got Q6600 from newegg and when I ran CPU-Z is says "Stepping B" and Revision "G0". Now is this a G0 that everyone is talking about or do I got B3? :confused:

Newegg.com OEM - SLACR - G0 :)

Some may not like the 90-day warranty, so just a heads up to those reading. Retail boxes have a full 3yr warranty. Some say you don't need such a long warranty, but others may still want it for the slight price premium.

I haven't heard of ANYONE getting a B3 anytime lately. I would THINK its all G0's by now.

I'm just trying to decide if I should get OEM or Retail. Since the difference is only $15 and you get 2yrs warranty and a backup hsf

Back