Anyone get nero to load on Vista 64bit??

Headbust

[H]ard|Gawd
I cant get it to install, Ive tried like 20 versions from old to newest(7751) and nothing will install :confused:

Right click on the installer .exe file, choose Run as Administrator. That should do it.

After you install it, find the Nero shortcut, or Nero Express, whatever you use, and right click on that and do the same thing: choose Run as Administrator, the very first time you run it. Some people are having permissions problems with Nero and the Registry, and running it the very first time with Administrator mode usually sets the permissions the first time and it's not an issue anymore.

Hope this helps...

Ive tried that and have tried running it in compatibility mode and everything, Once it extracts all the files and goes to the preparing screen(scrolling bar) it seems like the install just quits and disapears without any warning.

:mad:

Only 7.5.9.0 and higher will work properly with Vista, so if the method I already described (which I discovered myself through trial and error over 4 Vista installs) fails, I'm not sure what else to offer as advice. :(

Only 7.5.9.0 and higher will work properly with Vista, so if the method I already described (which I discovered myself through trial and error over 4 Vista installs) fails, I'm not sure what else to offer as advice. :(

are you running 32 or 64 bit?

I'm not running Vista presently, but as I said, 7.5.9.0 and higher are the ones that Ahead themselves say are Vista compatible. Anything else might work but those are the ones Aheads says are A-Ok for Vista.

I used 7.5.9.0 under both 32 and 64 bit versions of Vista, with no issues, as long as I followed the steps I laid out in the earlier post about installing it with Admin priviledges and doing the first run with Admin priviledges also.

I'm not running Vista presently, but as I said, 7.5.9.0 and higher are the ones that Ahead themselves say are Vista compatible. Anything else might work but those are the ones Aheads says are A-Ok for Vista.

I used 7.5.9.0 under both 32 and 64 bit versions of Vista, with no issues, as long as I followed the steps I laid out in the earlier post about installing it with Admin priviledges and doing the first run with Admin priviledges also.
The first run i did not of course, but afterwards yes, Ive deleted everything nero on the PC, and have tried 7751 the newest and 7590

Well i got it going finally, Installed advanced uninstaller 2006 and it found a ton of installs files that windows search could not find nor remove, However that first install i did still shows up in the control panel list of add/remove programs although i cannot find it anywhere nor uninstall it.

Got a few errors during the install but everything finally went through and is working it seems

Back