Anyone generated large rainbow tables?

400+whpwrx

Gawd
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
557
Does anyone have a clue about what i am talking about?


:)


i know everyone around here is hard core into Folding at home (mind passing me a link on to joining the horde? I have about 80 or so units to throw your guys way) but i was wondering if anyone has started (or completed) the generation of rainbow tables. I am going to be starting this little project up in the next month or so and if anyone is interested in having access to the tables (ie results for submitted hashes) i wouldnt mind getting some spare cpu cycles thrown our way.

If you dont know what a rainbow table is here is an (brief laymen) answer..

It is a means of pre computing all possible hash's for a given algorithm (think lan man, NT lan man, sha1, md5, etc). So that you can match a hash and know what characters are needed to create that same hash..

IE "password auditing"

Anyone interested in helping out?

And for the record the tables i am going to use will pretty much be used for pen tests and other LEGITIMATE activities...
 
I generated a small set, once upon a time (about 4gb iirc). I didn't know these could be distributed, though. No suggestions on that.

As for joining the [H]orde, read this sticky. You won't be able to transfer your old WUs, but you can keep adding new ones.
 
Back
Top