Anyone folding on a PS3 yet?

ICE_9

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
3,459
I have been gone a week so I am not sure if someone has info on this. Did anyone get one? If you did, are you folding on it yet?
 
ICE_9 said:
I have been gone a week so I am not sure if someone has info on this. Did anyone get one? If you did, are you folding on it yet?
I don't think that the client has been released publicly yet.
 
Jon855 said:
I don't think that the client has been released publicly yet.

So does anyone here have a PS3 waiting for a client ? :)
Back in June I promised all of my folding sons a PS3 for Christmas...... Heh, the Thanksgiving announcement was " No PS3's for any of us" :(
 
I am asking because I got one and was wondering if it was a high points producer. I would keep it rather than sell it to get a little more cash for a GPU client or another boxen in total.
 
ICE_9 said:
I am asking because I got one and was wondering if it was a high points producer. I would keep it rather than sell it to get a little more cash for a GPU client or another boxen in total.
I'd say keep it until the client comes out. I'm predicting (guessing) according to Vijay's description of it's computational capacity that it will be a bigger points producer than the GPU's. Even if it turns out to be a folding dud, you won't have any problem selling it later.

edit by grammar nazi asst.
 
Sell it. Buy a GPU (or two ;) ) with the profit and buy another PS3 later on with the original $600.
 
I would sell it as well.

some on Flea Bay have gone for 2k or 3k... or so I hear.

You could buy a bunch of boxen for that much scratch.

You can always get another PS3 sometime next year.

Quality control on these first units is probably poor. At least that was the case with my first XBox. Good luck either way.
 
I know that Zim had some on order... but there is no client yet. We'll just have to wait. :(
 
I think zim canceled his order, they started playing around with things.

No client yet, my guess is it's a ways away. VJ not too forth coming (NDA's etc) on details.
 
Back
Top