Anyone folding on a C2D iMac?

wake6830

Gawd
I'm looking at buying either a 24" iMac or a Mac Pro within the next few months, and wanted to ask about the iMac. Primarily, I'm concerned that if I get it folding and leave it running 24/7, that it will put the fans on full blast and be too noisy.

My main PC (amd 64 3000+) right now has a big quiet 120mm heatsink, so I don't ever hear it, which i really like.

not sure if anyone here has tried....there always has to be a first ;)

Just wait for the C2D Mac mini that will arrive at Macworld. Or, better yet, make your own right now! Quiet little SMP folding beast it is. Happy will you be. ;)

Just wait for the C2D Mac mini that will arrive at Macworld. Or, better yet, make your own right now! Quiet little SMP folding beast it is. Happy will you be. ;)

how would you know...

:D :p

The mini doesn't cut it, as I'd like to play some games on the machine. I need a dedicated graphics card.

Otherwise I'd probably just stick with my macbook!

Hell I found on a Macbook Core Duo, and its chugging along just fine. But the fan does get blasted full becuase of the 1" enclosure.

I have 2 CoreDuo macs sitting on top of each other (they are minis) that are folding 24/7 and I havent heard a peep from either of them. The LCD I have attached to them is louder than they are

Back