Anyone flashed these x800 VIVO succesfully?

TheRapture said:
...for 415.00...is the card in my sig. I would say it works wonderfully... :D

Did you replace the stock cooler..? Im thinking of getting this too and flash it.

Oh, and I used the stock cooler for about a day till I got my water cooling all setup so now mine is on water but yea, the stock cooler works fine, they are all the same (ie. the x800 pro's and the x800 xt's)

zapian_ said:
Did you replace the stock cooler..? Im thinking of getting this too and flash it.

Yes, using the stocker. Use ATI Tool to make the fan run 100% as soon as the temp goes over 50c and it will make your load temps drop by about 8c-10c, the stock settings don't run the fan to 100% till it gets like, close to 90c or something insane...

I set my fan to run at 75% under 50c and 100% over 50c. Works great and at 75% speed it makes idle a bit cooler and you still can't hear it. I feel no need at all for an aftermarket cooler as my load temps have not seen 75c, typically 70c-73c in games.

TheRapture said:
Use ATI Tool to make the fan run 100% as soon as the temp goes over 50c and it will make your load temps drop by about 8c-10c, the stock settings don't run the fan to 100% till it gets like, close to 90c or something insane...

I set my fan to run at 75% under 50c and 100% over 50c. Works great and at 75% speed it makes idle a bit cooler and you still can't hear it. I feel no need at all for an aftermarket cooler as my load temps have not seen 75c, typically 70c-73c in games.

Thanks for the tips! I'll just wait until next week to buy this one, in time for holiday sales. :D

Is there a reason why you wouldnt pay $33 more and get a real x800 XT ? (for that $415 x800pro.. there are sapphire x800XT's for $448 at pricewatch)

I'd really like to know.. I'm about to purchase one in holidays but I'm clueless as to if i should buy a x800pro to flash or XT for a little bit more

Emret said:
Is there a reason why you wouldnt pay $33 more and get a real x800 XT ? (for that $415 x800pro.. there are sapphire x800XT's for $448 at pricewatch)

I'd really like to know.. I'm about to purchase one in holidays but I'm clueless as to if i should buy a x800pro to flash or XT for a little bit more

Actually, this is just my option for now, flash to XT. I was planning to get XT from the start but i blew most of my budget on the CPU,Mem, and PSU that i got recently so i'm just trying to balance things out. Not sure yet on how much the prices will go down on the holiday but I will take $30+ more for the real XT as a consideration.

yeah i see twat yall are saying....however i'm into the benchmarking...and for some reason, the top benchmarks i've seen use flashed VIVO's.

3 of the top 5 "hall of fame" scores on 3dmark are using a flashed VIVO.....now that doesn't mean squat neccesarily.....i'm just getting into the benchmark game personally. I plan on getting at least 600 MHz out of my core.

I've flashed the ASUS one succesfully. It was able to clock to XT PE speeds and run 3DMark, but I have since turned it down because my dorm room can get hot sometimes and I don't want it to overheat (I am using the stock cooler).

edit - Also, I used ATI Tool and set the fan speed to 100% at all times. The added noise is a negligible difference for me.

I flashed mine straight to a PE... not a big diff but pretty much PE is the highest the card will go lol. I oced it a little and it will artifact for a few mins after playing for a looong time. So I turned it down to PE speeds and no problems :)

I flashed mine to PE over a month ago and haven't had a problem. Running the stock 520/560 and have ran it at 540/580 with little problem. I bought some OCZ ram sinks but have only put them in the back side since the GPU HS is in the way on the front side.. Need to get a saw to cut the memory sinks to fit.

x800pro VIVOs come with 2.0ns ram ?

Also, whats the chance of a successfull enable of extra pipelines? It seems like its kind of a gamble

Things to look for if i remember correctly are; samsung 1.6 memory chips, Rage Theatre chip and the yellow connector. These boards were x800xt pe sold as pro's for whatever reason. Whether to meet the demand at the time or due to not being to spec.

Then again I just looked at the links he has posted and they all look like they have them... So I don't know what to tell you besides search the forums for other posts about it... My card was an actual ATI card and maybe I just took the chance and flashed. All I know is I had the memory that everyone was talking about and I did it... No problems...

Back