Anyone ever seen a corner bracket like this?

M4573R

Gawd
I'm looking for a cornet bracket with or without holes, and sharp edges. About half an inch on all sides. I can mill cubes of aluminum and drill the holes, but it would be easier if I could buy them.

Here is sort of what I'm looking for:
bracketsv.png

Material?
The one on the left looks like what I used to mount miniblinds

Aluminum. Though if the material is strong and light, it could still work.

I know I've seen them, I just can't remember where.

As an alternative though. . . . could you buy an electronics "project box" and just cut off the corners to make your bracket? Probably cost less than milling them from solid blocks.

Something like this http://www.action-electronics.com/lmcapcov.htm

If you can't find the actual brackets, you could get one of these, cut the corners off and the only milling you'd have to do is to remove any fittings for screws, etc.

I don't believe I've seen them in aluminum, but they look very similar to have I've seen used in cabinet making. They are typically steal or brass though, so it may be too heavy for what you want. You might try your Lowes cabinet section or a place like Woodcraft. My grandpa used brackets similar to the ones on the left to reinforce the corners of trunks he made and I think that's where he got his.

I checked the local hardware store and didn't see anything, it's not too much work to make them.

I know I was at Lowes the other day getting ideas for a custom built case and I did not see anything like this.

Back