Anyone ever incorporate live animals into their case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
id=203
hampster powered...

I think the true challenge is incorporating mods into your live animals.

I may be showing my ignorance here but I have never seen pulleys on the top of an engine like that. Are those the timing for the rockers?

Edit: Oh, and I have see the aquarium mod for the Lian-Li as well, so you would not be the first :(

aaaaawwwwwwwwww... poor kitty-cat. :(

heheh

Reminds me of that song in "Little Shop of Horrors":

"I'd find a putty-cat and BASH IN IT'S HEAD!"

I've seen a case with an ant farm in the side window. kinda cool.

Here's an idea....

I think a reptile would be perfect for a case because the pc produces so much heat and reptiles love that. An expensive heater.... Hehe, :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm... what about like a mouse? Get some clear tubing and build in a habitat with paths and some plexiglass boxes?

Here are a few problems I forsee....

1) Fans and small motors and such may cause high pitched sounds that we can't hear but small animal could which would be very cruel.

2) small levels of radiation too much? I know there is a minimal amount of radiation in monitors... is there any in comps? Is it enough to worry about?

3) Mice piss... There would need to be some serious water selaing done to the whole habitat before any animal goes in my box

Suggestions for small critters:
Mice, Anoles (small green lizard), frog (water would be hard though...

Hmm, would be sortof hard to incorporate live animals into a case, but if your creative it could work. Good luck if you plan on doing it.

Oh man...I can see it now! A closed off area in the case, and I could put a chameleon in there to go with the Cold Caths!

you should put a hamster wheel inside the window with danger tape and tubes coming out of it into the psu(not real wires) and put a sign on it saying "hamster powered pc":D

Originally posted by Shinare
and an easy way to feed the poor little critter.

Yeah... easy access for food, cleaning cages, removal of critters would be essential...

What about Gary Coleman? He might fit in one ... or does it have to be an animal?

This is THE most retarded case mod idea I have ever heard. Is this what case modding has come to? Please re-think the entire case mod scene... thank you.
Fish in a window was ridiculous enough, I was hoping it would stop there...

hahaha

You guys crack me up.

Just get a normal case, and instead of doing a hole for a fan, make a cat door :D Maybe put some litter on the bottom? Think about it, if you have good exhaust the box will never smell! (on the inside, atleast).

hmmmm.... Things i do have

1x Ball Python
1X aquarium
1X spare P2 system
?X random pieces of plexi.

maybe i will slap together a box out of the plexi, toss the computer in it and then put that into the snake cage, and have my Python web server

Animals are not toys, they are life beings...

That said, this mods are good ideas from where i stand, you just need to check for the animals comodity and safety...

Besides, if any of you incorporate an animal to your case i know it would be well taken care off.

EDIT: All this is meant to people who plan to have a long term animal habitat on their case. If you stick a cat on your case for a while its really fun, and i dont consider that animal cruelty in anyway. Its the same as messing with a human being.

Originally posted by chinoquezada
Animals are not toys, they are life beings...
As are humans. You must ensure that you do not impinge on the id of said life beings or else the dark matter upon which the time cube is constructed will unhinge, spilling karma through its orifices and bleeding chi, which will cause a time rift that will create a blackhole that will suck the life forces from said life beings. And that would be bad. Ohh wait, did you mean living beings? Nevermind then...

And back on topic... It's feasable, however I don't see it being very practical to care for a living animal in a computer case. I personally don't really care about my case, so I just leave it where it is. I wouldn't have the patience to take out the animal and clean out the cage every so often. I would prefer just to have a container (cage, aquarium, etc.) on my desk so that I could enjoy its presence, as opposed to shoving it in my case to entertain some people on the internet.

-special [k]

Originally posted by VaniLLa
Oh man...I can see it now! A closed off area in the case, and I could put a chameleon in there to go with the Cold Caths!
haha, that would be so funny if it actually worked as planned.

can you imagine a chameleon crawling across your motherboard and changing color to match all the traces? lol!

Obviously impossible, but a funny thought.

Originally posted by Polardude
Here's an idea....

I think a reptile would be perfect for a case because the pc produces so much heat and reptiles love that. An expensive heater.... Hehe, :rolleyes:

Took these pics about a year ago. :D

LizardTower.jpg

NormaFloor.jpg

Originally posted by TruBlack
This is THE most retarded case mod idea I have ever heard. Is this what case modding has come to? Please re-think the entire case mod scene... thank you.
Fish in a window was ridiculous enough, I was hoping it would stop there...

yeh, original ideas SUCK! Can we get back to just putting lights in our pre-modded cases we bought from compusa and shut up?

the live animal in the case may work for a couple days. but than you would have to change the mod to a decapitated rotting animal because it got too close to the heatsink fan or something. if your really serious about it and are responsible than i think its a really cool idea. but dont just throw a gerbel in your case and forget about it. thats all i was trying to express.

and i dont think anyone calls putting lights in a pre-windowed case a mod, its just a way to show off your gear.

i think it would be pretty rad if there were gerbils and stuff crawling around inside my case and getting electrocuted all the time

-warsaw

Probably the easiest thing i cant think of is a small animal, hamster or such. Build the habitat into the window of the side of the case, have an external rectangular box, make sure its a big case and then put tubing around the inside. A full tower sized plexi case would work i think.

A small work area for the animal, like a hamster wheel built into the window (covered of course) would be pretty cool looking. Maybe glue some wires to the end of the wheel on something that can spin with it, and just glue the wire somewher you cant see it to the psu or something. Install leds in the hamster wheel would be cool, but the little thing might eat them .

Or even take a clear fan, remove it from its housing and disconnect the wires, then attach that to the end of the wheel so it spins with the hamster wheel. That would only work if you dont have a lazy hamster.

If you find an animal that isn't sensetive to high pitched noises, and likes having a warm spot, you could probably do something that would work. However, computers are not toys, and neither are animals. You would want something pretty well designed, because if it isn't, you're likely to have either a dead computer or a dead animal. I was thinking that you could put a hole in the side of the case, then a little box of plexi or something similar for your animal. You insert the animal's cage into the side of the case, then secure it. You would have the animal's habitat sticking out of the case side, with ventilation holes in the outside part of the habitat. This way, your poor animal doesn't overheat while you're playing Doom at 4 am. :p

Most animals perfer a secluded area, so an open habitat might not work out too well. Also, the computer would have to be relativly silent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back