Anyone else waiting on the Core2 Mini?

Techfan26

n00b
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
11
Assuming they come out with a Core2 Mac Mini, I'm buying one. I've been holding off buying a mini since the Core2 Duos came out. Anyone else in my position?
 
I'm waiting for core 2 everything, my reasoning is that while not a huge improvement over the core "1", it certainly is an improvement and when it comes to technology, one of the golden rules is to wait as long as you can to buy...and luckily, I can wait a while longer :)
 
AuroraProject said:
Core Duo 2 is 64 bit, right? That would be the only reason I'm waiting to get my MacBook Pro.
Why are you waiting? The only advantage of 64-bit is that you can use more memory, and it's not like you can fit more than 4 gigs of RAM into a Macbook Pro anyway.
 
Black Morty Rackham said:
Why are you waiting? The only advantage of 64-bit is that you can use more memory, and it's not like you can fit more than 4 gigs of RAM into a Macbook Pro anyway.

Like the previous poster said, some people like to wait for the lastest technology to come out. If it means waiting another month or so, I want to have the best available. Sure, it might not be that much of an improvement, but there has to be something better about the Core2 Duo. I would feel crappy if I bought a mac mini now, and then 3 weeks later the Core2 came out.
 
Because merom will cost the same as Yonah and provide better performance. And I could use an upgrade anyways.
 
Remember that you can upgrade the CPU in the current mini to a Merom. Just take it apart and swap out the CPU.
 
Black Morty Rackham said:
Remember that you can upgrade the CPU in the current mini to a Merom. Just take it apart and swap out the CPU.

Sure, but I'd rather wait and have the Core2 already in the machine. Also, who knows what other upgrades the new ones might have.
 
yes, you cna swap it out, but--unless you are very tech savy, you will void your warranty with apple and if they release a new revision of anything, chances are that more than just the cpu will be different (ie new features like front row and built in isight)
 
bahula03 said:
yes, you cna swap it out, but--unless you are very tech savy, you will void your warranty with apple and if they release a new revision of anything, chances are that more than just the cpu will be different (ie new features like front row and built in isight)
built in iSight on the Mini? come on now
 
after todays announcement, I guess all of us will have to wait a little longer, won't we?
 
Techfan26 said:
Sure, but I'd rather wait and have the Core2 already in the machine. Also, who knows what other upgrades the new ones might have.
I'm waiting for an updated IGP, anything other then Intel's.
 
Back
Top