Anyone else ready for the new GPU's?(netbooks)

boomhower

Weaksauce
I am really itching for a netbook. I want a portable media powerhouse. Mainly for watching HD video and DVD rips. Right now Atom is barely competent at the task. The GN40's look good if they would ever get them out. What I am most looking forward to seeing is the Via Nano/Nvidia Ion combo. An Atom/Ion combo is not going to be here anytime soon but the Via looks like it is going to be very competitive. Stick one of these in an HP Mini 1000 chassis and consider me sold.

Which netbook has a screen that is even capable of displaying 1080p?

None, but I don't want to encode my media twice. I want to be able to grab what I want off my server and head out the door. Not have to plan a day in advance so I can re-encode something, not to mention the huge waste in power usage.

None, but I don't want to encode my media twice. I want to be able to grab what I want off my server and head out the door. Not have to plan a day in advance so I can re-encode something, not to mention the huge waste in power usage.

Well said. I can play videos on my Palm TX, but I hardly ever do anymore because reencoding is a pain.

I have little interest in the ion, but why not go with the n10j?

i would think a netbook capable of 1080p with hdmi out plus a compact hd lcd projector would be freakin awesome to take to parties. limitless entertainment, especially if you can game with it too...

yeah, i would be down for a netbook if it had hdmi video+audio out, or at least hdmi video and some kind of digital output. it would be like a portable HTPC.

yeah, i would be down for a netbook if it had hdmi video+audio out, or at least hdmi video and some kind of digital output. it would be like a portable HTPC.

The Asus N10J mentioned above does all of that.

Back