Anyone else playing NWN2?

Draax

Supreme [H]ardness
I haven't seen many threads about Neverwinter Nights 2, and I was just wondering how people are finding this game?

I chose to roll a Warlock, and I have to say warlocks start off slow. The first few spell levels are all about modifying your eldritch bolt. Although as time goes on, you start to get better invocations.

Anyone else want to share their character build?

I have it, played through it once. . . It has a lot of potential, but most of it is unrealized right now. I'm looking forward to the community content, but for now it's pretty well sitting idle on my computer.

With the 1.04 patch, the Arcane Trickster is now a lot of fun for a versatility build. Or if you want a heavy handed tank a Fighter4/Bard1/RedDragonDisciple10/FrenziedBerserker5.

Agreed. I played through it once and its a great game. I really can't wait until the online persistent worlds develop and materialize.

I played through with a Fighter/champion of torm (or w/e they call it now)/Duelist.

First I was playing a monk, but wanted to play something different, so I started over with a Warlock.

Yeah, Warlocks definitely start off slow....I almost scrapped that character and was gonna play something else, but the character is starting to hit his stride now.

First I was playing a monk, but wanted to play something different, so I started over with a Warlock.

Yeah, Warlocks definitely start off slow....I almost scrapped that character and was gonna play something else, but the character is starting to hit his stride now.

I was feeling the same, and then I leveled up and was granted access to invocations like the tentacles, and such.

I played a Fighter/Frenzied Berserker with the original RTM version of the game. The 12 hp drain while raging SUCKED! Only reason to use the class was the ability to get that double-cleave feat. (I think thats what it was.) I think they have fixed the HP drain now.

The toolset was/is a beast. Totally unintuitive compared to NWN1's. Until some good content and mods come out, I'm back to playing NWN1. (wow, that's sad. That game is almost 5 years old.:( )

I played a Fighter/Frenzied Berserker with the original RTM version of the game. The 12 hp drain while raging SUCKED! Only reason to use the class was the ability to get that double-cleave feat. (I think thats what it was.) I think they have fixed the HP drain now.

The toolset was/is a beast. Totally unintuitive compared to NWN1's. Until some good content and mods come out, I'm back to playing NWN1. (wow, that's sad. That game is almost 5 years old.:( )

Heh, yeah, it's one of those funny things, the main feature of the Frenzy Bersker (Frenzy) is the most worthless. However, enhanced power attack is incredible with a 2 handed weapon (+20 damage for a -6 AB) and supreme cleave (two attacks against the next opponent).

The worst part was when I would switch over to a henchman to start casting some spells, and the AI would send my FB into a frenzy when I only had like 100 hp left. :mad:

Those were some keyboard banging moments. :D

I have it and used to play it, but the games performance was so bad, and my rig aint that bad, I aint tryed any new patches though

Anyone else run into the spining camera bug? It happened to me a few times, and seems to happen when an NPC starts talking. All of a sudden the camera will just start rotating around and keep doing it. The only way to fix is to save, quit to desktop then load the game,

I played to a certain point a couple times with different builds and found that my favorite was a monk, or at least thats the one I got the furthest into the game. I love rogues but not in these kinds of games. I tried a paladin too and I think that was my second favorite.

I have it and I got a little ways into it (I got to level 11) but I just wasn't enjoying it as much as I'd hoped. The UI's ugly, the camera needs some better tracking, and I just didn't feel motivated to play like I did back in the Baldur's Gate and NWN days. I think it's because I didn't really like the NPC's they stuck with me. I miss the days of Minsk and Edwin bickering.
I think my main complaint is the gameplay. The "spiral dial" menu from NWN1 was wonderful and allowed me to do everything with just the mouse. Now it seems like simple functions require 3x as many keystrokes and clicks.
I typically play Rogues in games like this one, and I find them to be pretty good in this game. Lots of options and I like the prestige classes in spite of them not adding a lot to the normal class, though.
The game does a lot of things right, so don't think I'm bickering about everything.
There's a good game buried under an interface that needed a lot more polish. If someone made a conversion of the game using the UI (and cameras) from NWN, I think the game would've been received a little better.

I totally agree with the above poster. I feel the game is way to biased towards certain classes and others are overpowered. For example my pure cleric is practically invincible. He can instantly kill almost any enemy and has several spells that turn him into a omnipotent tank, On the other hand, a character such as the warlock is underpowered. They are really limited on what they can cast and have no real melee prowness. You are reduced to spamming your main spell for most of the game.

I totally agree with the above poster. I feel the game is way to biased towards certain classes and others are overpowered. For example my pure cleric is practically invincible. He can instantly kill almost any enemy and has several spells that turn him into a omnipotent tank, On the other hand, a character such as the warlock is underpowered. They are really limited on what they can cast and have no real melee prowness. You are reduced to spamming your main spell for most of the game.

NWN2 is based on the D&D 3.5 rule set, and well, you're about right with the "balance" issue, which is offset by a good DM, but in NWN2, it's the AI and content.

I'm really looking forward to community content. I played quite a few modules for NWN and it's one of the few games that my wife likes to play and we enjoy it in multiplayer (even upgraded her CPU and vid card so she can enjoy NWN2 more -XP 2500+ to a 3200+ and 6800oc to a 6800Ultra - she's happy with it).

I got it bc alot of ppl in my guild seemed to love it. I think it's boring and probably will never play it again. Just not my style of game I guess. Camera feels real awkward to me.

I haven't seen many threads about Neverwinter Nights 2, and I was just wondering how people are finding this game?

I chose to roll a Warlock, and I have to say warlocks start off slow. The first few spell levels are all about modifying your eldritch bolt. Although as time goes on, you start to get better invocations.

Anyone else want to share their character build?

Love game.. lvl20 Halfling Wizard (I'm a purist) Virtually untouchable at level 20.

I stuck with it for a decent amount of time but kept hitting massive bugs. What patch are we up to now and is it a bit more polished now?

I didn't get it, because although I enjoyed NWN persistent worlds now I would rather just go threw a shorter game or go play a strategy game, Baulder's Gate II was really the only D&D game I really enjoyed, needless to say I'm awaiting for Dragon Age, the next epic rpg from bioware, sounds awsome.

My wife and I played through the game right after Christmas and enjoyed it. It's not perfect, but I think it's a solid game with good potential after some more polishing and user made content is available. They did a good job of making the original campaign much more friendly than the original NWN campaigns with cut scenes and dialog displaying for both of us simultaneously.

We're back to playing WoW now but will definitely play NWN2 again for our D&D fix in the future.

Back