Anyone else order the new Asus G53JW?

Guys, always wanted a 17 inch Asus G73JH but alas, too big and too heavy to be truly portable. To my pleasant surprise, they've released a 15 inch version, the G53JW now with Nvidia graphics. Got to have one, how about you, sound good?

Don't really know how they compare. The new models G73JW and the G53JW only come with Nvidia graphics. The ATI version G73JH , 17 inch only, has been discontinued so, if you want one, you better order soon, there are still some available. The G53JW, being a new model, is only available with Nvidia graphics.

Won't know how it will perform until I've had a chance to check it out. The few write ups I've seen on the Nvidia 400M series are inconclusive. Other than that, it has much going for it including a 15.6 inch LED backlit 1920 x 1080 screen, two hard drive bays, one of which will contain a 128GB SSD for the operating system and programs and a second 500GB 7200RPM HDD for storage. Also some new features not present on the earlier G73LH. Here's hoping!

To anyone interested, there are video reviews by xoticpc, of the new Asus JW series, on YouTube. Now with a USB 3.0 output and various other changes.

Ah i don't really care about graphic card as long as it runs a game at good spec (i like to game but don't need to be best on all) if the new JW has USB 3.0 on 17in i'll check if it's with my liking, i really wish they would include eSATA as some of the Australian model does (so i've heard never seen one) but on powernootbooks.com it says only has USB 3.0 and only one of those too. I would think having all USB 3.0 will run down the battery soon, but if they had it would have been nice.

The JW 17 inch has one USB 3.0 and three USB 2.0 ports plus HDMI, still no eSATA. Shown on one of the YouTube videos. Not sure about the 15 inch but pretty sure it's the same.

the g53jw-a1 is nearly perfect

except :(

no eSATAp (combo esata)
no expresscard 54 (i really wanted to use a bluetooth Expresscard 54 mouse)

at least it has USB3 though

Early reports show the 460m on par with the mobile 5870. The 460m comes with 1.5GB vs 1GB on the 5870.

Back