• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

anyone else hesitate when building a comp

stpstrn

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
97
im putting a new one together over break with my father. just hesitation b/c i have to spend as much as i do, including an lcd. all that money earned at work all gone not but a month later :( hope its worth it. i could make a pretty penny on my laptop but my dad wont let me sell it. its still good for travel i suppose
 
I never hesitate, unless I'm paying too much for something I KNOW i can get cheaper...

I also hesitate when I only have $xxx, and there are like 3 different configurations I can design with that, then I hesitate to do research.

Other than that, I buy hardware on my measley allowance, So I can't buy it often :p :rolleyes:
 
hows that mouse for gaming i heard theres lags with the scroll wheel just like the inteli 4.0 ??

i dont really hesitate but i was playing on buying a $700 crt with my tax return but basicaly talked my self into not doign it to save for a car
 
The only times I hesitate are when I'm researching and then when I'm actually parting with the money. Once I get all the parts, I put it together ASAP. :D
 
I only hesitate to make extra sure I'm getting the absolute best performing parts I can for the money. My last upgrade I dropped $1500 on Mobo, RAM, CPU and Video Card. :eek:

But once it arrived I didn't care about how much I spent. :D
 
i never hesitate..becuase i do alot of reading on reviews of anything im thinking upgrading with...do your homework...dont buy something because someone says to...and what i always try to do is attempt to balance"the best bang for my dollar" ie...you could spend 500+$ on a 6800ultra(if you like Nvidia) or you can buy a 6800gt(both have 16 pipelines) overclock it..and save over 100$...and now you have an ultra :)
 
I never get scared. I just built the fastest Northwood core based system possible and spent a pretty penny on all the parts. I do not want to upgrade for at least 3 years so I went all out. I thought about going with the new 925x chipset but the heat issues of the Prescott kept me away from it.

Also why heavily overclock a 400 dollar card when you can spend 100 more and have a card that you slightly overclock and blows the chips off of everything else?

I have almost 3 stacks in this rig and it is top notch. The only thing I want still is Corsair Twinx XMSPro with the pretty lil LED lights at 2-2-2-5.



A word of sound advice. Buy an ASUS motherboard.
 
I hesitate a lot.

I've been wanting to build a new HTPC around an Asus P4R mATX board for a while, and even with the 'eggs sales and specials, I still couldn't pull the trigger.

I just have this feeling like "enough is enough"

I have like 3 pc's that I use regularly (my gaming rig in sig, my Mac, and my current HTPC)

plus about 7 or 8 other servers / specialty systems.
 
i look at it as when i buy a new computer i will spend just about whatever amount i have and get the best hardware that i can afford at the time. being in college money is usually pretty short, and i work over my breaks to earn some money, but i usually end up spending it on computer stuff, it is a vicious (sp?) cycle.


i hesitate.... but only after i order. sometimes i am kind of like "wow, why did i just spend $500 on new hardware when my current stuff is still working fine" (see sig, before that i had a 2.0a p4 in a shuttle xpc.
 
my main trouble isn't hesitation (think a gung-ho modder, only with dual turbochargers, and you'll get sort of the idea of my enthusiasm these days) but $$$- i'm actually building a mod, but it's out of parts that i can afford, as i am able to afford them, and thus progress is insanely slow.
 
I hesitated, because that is alot of cash, but the [H]ard guys will help with problems. I'm glad I did it, even with a couple of problems. But overall it's been a good experience.
 
compslckr said:
i look at it as when i buy a new computer i will spend just about whatever amount i have and get the best hardware that i can afford at the time. being in college money is usually pretty short, and i work over my breaks to earn some money, but i usually end up spending it on computer stuff, it is a vicious (sp?) cycle.


i hesitate.... but only after i order. sometimes i am kind of like "wow, why did i just spend $500 on new hardware when my current stuff is still working fine" (see sig, before that i had a 2.0a p4 in a shuttle xpc.
thank god u got rid of that intel
 
powerade said:
thank god u got rid of that intel

my amd parts came in today and i am posting from them right now!

wow, what a difference!!


3400+ newcastle
dfi lanparty ut
1gb kingston pc3200
kingwin cpu fan
+mge 450 watt powersupply
---------------------------------------
= Best hardware upgrade i have ever made!


i thought the intel setup i had before was good, but now that i have used this i will never go back!
 
my father has sent me about 5 emails in the past few weeks asking if i have ordered some parts yet. i came back home yesterday and this morning he asked once more. i think he is about rdy to get this thing started. ive done my research for the past couple of months, making sure of things. i know what i need i just need to click the little mouse button and have them sent.
 
Over the past 4 years or so, I didn't spend any money on computers, I just got hand me downs from friends and clients when I upgraded thier machines.

The only things I've purchased this year, are a video card, 2 monitors, mobo, and ram.
Since I don't game that much and don't do intesnse 3D work like I used to, running a slower machine was fine.
I always hesitate when buying parts to make sure I get the best price for the item(s) I am buying.
 
Back
Top