Anyone else having problems with Unreal Editor 3?

3mln

n00b
Joined
Nov 26, 2007
Messages
15
I can use Unreal Editor 3 fine. I can make a map, I can even build the map. What I cannot do is build the map with extra textures loaded. I checked the windows page file in the task manager performance tab while I tried this once. It seems every time the page file hits 2.25 gb the processor stops running the program. This normally happens when static lighting is being built. I tried increasing the page file size, but that didn't work. I was wondering if anyone else has been having this problem or knows how to fix it.
 
Ued3 crashes on me when I load more than about 15-20 environment packages and then try and then try anything to stressful like rebuild the geometry/lighting.

I suspect the exe isnt written to take advantage of more than 2Gb of RAM on a 64bit system, I could be wrong though. If you open the generic browers you can use the bottom left list to right click > unload package to unload the packages and free up memory.

It's a bit irritating considering I have 4gb of RAM and it doesn't appear to be able to use it.
 
Cool, thanx. I think that will work, it will certainly be better than saving, exiting the program, then starting the program all over again.
 
Back
Top