Anyone else having problems installing vista?

Premise

n00b
I have tried with bot the 32 and 64 bt versions. it will go through the whole install til it comes to the finalizing section then blue screens and reboots. i have tried disconnecting all periferals only thing that i had in the machine was my 2 x1600xt's, 1 sata hd, and my dvd burner. any thoughts? system spec is in sig.

yes. i have had major problems. i've tried installing 5x and have only been sucessfuly 1x.

the joys of beta.

To install the beta i had to disable my Raid array or else it wouldn't even go past the first "Install" button(good thing my OS drive is a single drive) and remove one of my 7800GTX cards or else it wouldn't initialize the display after loading vista.

Vista won't load with SLi before nVIDIA drivers installed. I ditched Vista when I realized SLi was not available and games had no sound. :(

Yeah, can't install with the Nvidia RAID in my system. Tried it once and pushed on through the warning screen that it wouldn't work with the RAID and whaddya know... it really didn't work.

Deezus said:
Yeah, can't install with the Nvidia RAID in my system. Tried it once and pushed on through the warning screen that it wouldn't work with the RAID and whaddya know... it really didn't work.

I installed onto an NV RAID board. All it took was disconnecting my other physical disk which just happened to be a dynamic disk.

Do you have another drive besides your two that are in RAID?

Will not install on an IBM T21 Laptop. You press "Install Now" and after a few seconds it puts up a blank dialog that just says "Error" with no buttons.

You click on it and it goes back to the start.

Installs ok under VPC 2004, but performance is pathetic even when assigned 1GB of memory and running on a 4800x2.

The same system running XP under VPC is really quite amazing. Very fast.

Probably due to there not being Vista-Specific VPC additions.

-Larry

TheRapture said:
I installed onto an NV RAID board. All it took was disconnecting my other physical disk which just happened to be a dynamic disk.

Do you have another drive besides your two that are in RAID?

I was trying to decide if I wanted to added another drive in the machine just for Vista.

You think I'll have to detatch all the drives that are running on the Nvidia RAID controller?

And also, were you able to reconnect your drives after the install? I don't want to be stuck with one OS or the other.

Just FYI, what I did was create a partition on the RAID-0 and attempt to install Vista on that, every reboot was a BS. Once I booted back into XP a screen popped up telling that I couldn't install Vista and that it would wipe the other install... I thought that was pretty handy all things considered. :p

Had no problems installing it(eVGA NF4 Mobo)It had all the drivers (sans audio) and looked pretty good but the dam thing can't connect to the internet(lan drivers are installed and it shows connection but IE doesn't work) :confused:

I'm about to try it on my laptop...wish me luck :D

Edit1:
I'm attempting an upgrade install first, if it fails I'll reformat and do it clean. I must say though, this installer is WAY better looking so far...I just wish Vista didn’t have such a fat ass on it, its taking forever to install.

Edit2:
5 hours later and its STILL installing...about finished, but still installing :eek:

Edit3:
Oh thats great, the screen is now flickering. I hope that goes away after this pahase of the install.

Edit4:
Upgrade was a total failure, formatting now >_>

Well, that went more smoothly :p I'm posting this from Vista right now. My system Performance came out as a 1, heh. I'll need to some tinkering just so I can smoothly drag windows around.

I'm still looking for the option to change the start menu back to the way Windows XP had it...the new start menue is only nice of you dont organize it and just let windows dump all your program shortcuts into the main Programs folder.

The breadcrumb bar is...a pain to use.

Changeing the My Documents folder to the root folder of your user name was the dumbest idea ever. As soon as I installed Firefox I got an "Aplication Data" folder in the <my user name> folder (formerly My Documents)...Also, on Windows XP I'v moved my My Documents folder to my D:\ drive, how do I do something similar with the <my user name> folder?

Other than that, the only other thing thats getting on my nerves is the current state of System Properties, and Display Properties, its obvious that they are not finished.

Edit:On second thought, I think I could learn to like the new start menu...but usability the entire interface in general just went down the tubes.

First three attempts went nowhere due to marginal DVD drives.

Fourth attempt failed because the hard drives were SCSI. WTF, over? :mad:

Fifth attempt ran to completion, still trying to figure out what the Unknown PCI device is that Vista keeps whining about. Too tired right now to track it down with Google...

Back