Anyone else having issues after the 10.4 hotfix?

weirdsauce

Limp Gawd
BC2 loads ridiculously fast, yeah, but now my left screen (that is connected with the active dp adapter) falls asleep at my desktop and doesn't wake up. This doesn't happen during gaming. I have to restart the computer to get it back to normal again.

Also BC2 is crashing to desktop like 5x more often than before.

Is anyone else experiencing anything negative after the hotfix? I guess I will just roll back to 10.3b

BC2 loads ridiculously fast, yeah, but now my left screen (that is connected with the active dp adapter) falls asleep at my desktop and doesn't wake up. This doesn't happen during gaming. I have to restart the computer to get it back to normal again.

Also BC2 is crashing to desktop like 5x more often than before.

Is anyone else experiencing anything negative after the hotfix? I guess I will just roll back to 10.3b

I have the SAME EXACT problem. Desktop extended mode, left screen (which is using the dvi->display port active adapter) goes black and doesn't come back on. Seems to work fine if I'm using eyefinity (1 group) profile though. Afterwards, I switch back to desktop extended profile and the screen works fine for a few minutes, then sleeps again. I'm using the 10.x beta drivers that were leaked a day or two before 10.4 preview drivers.

No sorry, no issues here with either of the two drivers. A friend had some problems installing the 10.x leaked driver but was able to install the preview beta drivers with no problems.

Closest thing I've had to an issue with the 10.x drivers personally is now I don't have enough time to run to the fridge to grab another beer in between rounds anymore.....

I am also having display port screen not waking up issue.

Closest thing I've had to an issue with the 10.x drivers personally is now I don't have enough time to run to the fridge to grab another beer in between rounds anymore.....
Sounds like time to move the fridge closer to the computer. :D

no problems here. I'm using the "official" 10.4 hotfix and not those leaked ones

Same problem here. Monitor w/ Displayport adapter falls asleep and doesn't wake up.

I rolled back to 10.3b and haven't had any issues since then. Specs in sig.

no issues at all, besides for an error at the end of installing the 10.4's telling me my hardware was malfunctioning and I needed to reinstall the driver.

Re-installed the driver and it's worked like a champ ever since.

So weird...I guess I will deal with the 10.3 loading issues in BC2 and wait for the 10.4 drivers to come out this month. GAH.

I've been using the 10.5 leaked ones with no issues, and am first to load into BC2 now

No issues............really, never had issues w/ any of the drivers...5870 xfx...hot fix, not the leaked one

No issues. Running catalyst 10.4 preview. Did you check your power options in windows control panel?

OK, looks like turning off the option to have the monitor sleep in Windows 7's power options fixes the issue.

OK, looks like turning off the option to have the monitor sleep in Windows 7's power options fixes the issue.

What is your bios power management settings?

(Repost Video on S3 Resume, ACPI2.0 Support, ACPI APIC Support)

Not sure about the bios settings, but in the windows power settings It is set at default for the screen to go to sleep after 2 hours, and the computer to go to sleep never. But then I went into advanced options and the display was set to falls asleep after 5 minutes. wtf? I turned the regular option to Never and then the same in the advanced options area. I'll see if it happens again..

I thought that turning off options to have the monitor sleep at all fixed it, but it didn't. Now it is happening during game play. The monitor connected with the active adapter falls asleep, if I alt+tab out of the game, it wakes up. I am going to roll back.

I have problems with BC2 crashing to the desktop. I've never had it happen before, however I played for 3 hours the other night and had 5 crashes to the desktop. I'll take slow loads over not crashing.

FYI Crashing can be releated to them pushing server side updates too.. they do ALOT of updating on backend that you dont see unless you look for it. It can effect you crashing too..

I had major stability issues in BC2, but no stuttering, using 10.2, 10.3, and the leaked 10.4. After installing Catalyst 10.4a (available from ATI's website 4/21) the stability issues went away, but CrossfireX wasn't working properly. I disabled then re-enabled CrossfireX in CCC and now it's working great. I've been playing a lot over the last 2 days and it hasn't crashed once (furiously knocking on wood). Still no stuttering issues, either.

GA-EP45-UD3P
E6300 Wolfdale OCd to ~3.8 GHz
4 GB G.Skill PC8500
XFX 5850 in first PCI-E slot
XFX 5850 Black Edition in second PCI-E slot
Both cards OCd to maximum allowed by ATI Overdrive

10.3 worked fine for me, save slow loading in bfbc2, now on the 10.4 preview, and everything works as expected. But I don't have display port, I have DVI + HDMI monitors.

Back