Anyone Else Have SP2 Install Fail?

Rustynuts

[H]F Junkie
Mine hung once trying to write to aspi.sys I believe, was able to keep going but then it bombed totally later. Got the uninstall to work I think, but I still get some warning box or other after booting. Hopefully once I get the actual CD it will install properly.

I just booted on the bad machine and when I get to desktop it gives me a "Co-create Instance Error" box or some such nonsense. Just have to hit OK and all seems fine. Does it every time now.

I don't know if i have SP2.. i mean.. i just leave my computer to automatically update... does that mean i'm ok?

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
I don't know if i have SP2.. i mean.. i just leave my computer to automatically update... does that mean i'm ok?

Right click My Computer --> properties -> what does it say?

And most likely you dont because it takes user intervention to run the install.

That_Sound_Guy said:

Right, and the download is so big that you would know it anyway. Mine was a tad over 90mb.

That_Sound_Guy said:

interesting.. i don't have it.. i'm gonna have to Download it after class... heheh...

I have placed it on 40 computers without any problems. If you are having problems, slipstream it into your installation cd and then format and reinstall window with sp2 slipstreamed....

Like I want to reinstall just for a stupid SP! This IS a pretty fresh install of XP, maybe a month or two. Just got everything the way I like it.

Rustynuts said:
Like I want to reinstall just for a stupid SP! This IS a pretty fresh install of XP, maybe a month or two. Just got everything the way I like it.
Smart move.

I kind of had to do that as I updated my main rig in the spring in order to play Far Cry and now D3. The errors are with the second rig which got hand-me-downs and needed reformatting, etc. It was more than a month or two actually I guess. If it was only a month I would have waited.

Back