Anyone else have low volume on youtube while using Chrome?

ellover009

[H]ard|Gawd
I am having an odd problem. When using Firefox the volume is nice and clear but when I run the same video on Chrome the volume is very low.

So far I have tried.
Re installing Adobe flash newest update.
Disabling pepperflash adobe plug in.
Wiping history and cache. I originally did it to fix an bug where some youtube videos would refuse to play.

So maybe this is too simple but have you check the volume mixer? There should be one for the browser and possibly the plugin too.

So maybe this is too simple but have you check the volume mixer? There should be one for the browser and possibly the plugin too.

I checked that too, all levels were even across.
I messed around disabling some plug ins to try to troubleshoot too unless plugins are broken until further notice.

What about the volume of other sites that use flash? Try Vimeo or Hulu.

Just tried it on both browsers Hulu. Had in site player maxed while system volume at 50% and I looked and the volume slide on the mixer and they were all level with the main volume. Firefox for some reason was a lot louder than on chrome. It's annoying because I like Chrome a lot and it makes it really unbalanced if you are running mumble or ventrillo and you can barely listen to anything playing on Chrome.

IDK if this will help you but i had some kind of issue with google chrome too, not about volume but was the sound quality was SO bad making my headphones or audio system sounds terribly.. Fixed when i installed the lastest beta version.

Same here. I figured it was a fluke and open YouTube apps in IE... Only on one machine do I have the problem, though.

IDK if this will help you but i had some kind of issue with google chrome too, not about volume but was the sound quality was SO bad making my headphones or audio system sounds terribly.. Fixed when i installed the lastest beta version.

Just tried the beta, it fix the problem initially, then I disabled the flash pepper flash extension and eureka, it works. So far tried youtube side by side on 2 different browsers.

http://www.enounce.com/chrome-disable-pepperflash
how to disable pepperflash, I also disabled java.

and
to get search bar to normal in beta.
http://www.ghacks.net/2013/03/31/using-google-in-chrome-where-is-the-freaking-search-form
and used command chrome://flags and loook for Enable Instant extended API and disable it.

Last edited:
Back