Anyone else get this issue with ctfmon.exe on XP?

milkweg

[H]ard|Gawd
I don't use Microsoft Office even and when I search google for ctfmon.exe it says it has something to do with Microsoft Office. It is in my msconfig and when I use msconfig to stop it from loading it loads anyway on the next reboot. When I delete the run entry for it in the registry it comes back even then. It's like the cat that came back, which is how spyware and adware acts. My ssystem is clean of all that kind of crap according to all the progs I use. Anyone else have this auto-loading and also don't use MS Office? I guess something I have installed needs it but I don't know what it is and would like to find out what needs it.

That "F_ck mon" as I call it, has nothing to do with MS Office. It is of no value to most users, and there is no easy way to get rid of it without making some serious/risking registry changes. I tried once and quit because it became to complicated. It sucks because its the only worthless startup program that can't be easily deleted.

Yea,I found that url last night after I posted here. Who would have "thunk" it? Kind of a PITA method to have to go through for something that should bloody well stop loading when I tell it to and not act like malware.

Yea,I found that url last night after I posted here. Who would have "thunk" it? Kind of a PITA method to have to go through for something that should bloody well stop loading when I tell it to and not act like malware.

Only in Microsoft world eh? :p

Back