anyone else get contacted by Fla Atty General about Tiger Direct Rebates?

it seemed like a good place for it to me, people still post "hot deals" involving rebates from companies that are tricky to get rebates from. Personally, if it takes me an hour to get a rebate for $50, I've got better things to do with my time.

How ironic is it that TigerDirect bought CompUSA, another company with a record with a shady rebate policy (settled out of court with the Feds)?

That's because they try to bait consumers with the promise of money back in 3 months time when there is a little clause that reads "Subject to terms of approval." Pretty much they can deny you or "lose" your rebate for any reason.

How ironic is it that TigerDirect bought CompUSA, another company with a record with a shady rebate policy (settled out of court with the Feds)?

People tend to like others of the same type :D

Personally, if it takes me an hour to get a rebate for $50, I've got better things to do with my time.

If it takes an hour for me to get $50.00 rebate,I'm all over it.....Its when it start taking days..and 25 phone calls that its not worth it anymore......Then I just give up

actually its an hour to fill out the form, cut out UPC code, put the receipt and upc code cutout in an envelope, seal it, then mail it then wait 6-8 weeks hoping at end of 8 weeks you don't get an erroneous reply mail that stated you sent the wrong UPC code despite the fact you did send the right one.

Back