anyone else finding the g700 uncomfortable?

ellover009

[H]ard|Gawd
I made a thread a while ago about recommendations for a wireless gaming mouse and decided to give the g700 a try since it was on sale.
Ive been finding that some of these so called ergonomic traits are making it really uncomfortable to me, tempted to even return it.
#1 side curves forces thumb up against odd shaped side buttons, the material and button placement don't help.
#2 really feels hard to palm this mouse, pushes your palm off the mouse. So your fingers are on it and then you push on it as if it was a walker.
#3 it's a heavy mouse but most of the weight in the front.
#4 textute screams quality and durability but it's also tiring because most movements will create friction.

I really like my old Microsoft habu minus the damaged cord that makes it cut out.I am now open to other sugestions for a large mouse I can palm grip and that doesen't weight a lot. I was originally aiming for wireless gaming mouse but I am open to sugestions for wired as long as I can find comfort. Any recommendations?

Just you I guess. I've had one now for some time and I love it.

do you have large hands thou?

Given that I don't have a problem with large guns like the Desert Eagle Mark XIX in .50AE, or the Beretta 92FS, I'd say yes. But, I am a "claw gripper" so that may be the reason.

Does anyone know if the textured surface on the sides eventually get smoother? I'm taking a rest from it for a day or two then gonna try again.

Does anyone know if the textured surface on the sides eventually get smoother? I'm taking a rest from it for a day or two then gonna try again.

lol man, youre really into this thing huh? :p

it does, and is not because its clogged with dirt because i clean it sometimes, funny eh? :D

Ive just sent back a G700 (6th of august)

I found it very thin and always felt like the mouse was slipping forward out of my hand

because I had to hold it tighter than I wanted to it was causing a pain in my palm and between my thumb and forefinger

at first i thought I just needed to get used to it but it was becomming more and more painful and after two days and about 10 hours it wasnt getting any better

I also found the buttons on the top i couldnt reach and because of how i had to hold the mouse

i also found the texture on the side a little anoying it felt wrong and could have been the reason i felt the mouse was slipping forward

but quality wise the g700 felt tough and the software was good but it didnt fit my hand well

since my g700 experience ive now decided i shouldnt buy a mouse without trying it in my hand first

Oh it'll get smooth alright.

That coating flakes after a few months and you're left with shiney plastic like the ones near the charging port.

Back