Anyone else excited for Age of Wonders : Planetfall?

tybert7

2[H]4U

I heard about this recently, had no idea it was what triumph was working on as their new game. I tend to prefer fantasy for these types of games, but it looks so good I am eager to jump into this.

I have not played age of wonders 3 in quite awhile but I remember clocking in almost 500 hours of play time. Probably the game I'm most looking forward to this year since it seems light on the rpgs.

Some gameplay is starting to come out:

XCOM + Civ in Space is right up my alley.

It's out today August 6th but not a fan of the free for all art direction.

Wasn't this on Epic but now it's on Steam again the tides are turning maybe for the better for people who live on Steam.

It's been on Steam for a good while, I know as I pre-ordered in a moment of madness a few months ago. Happy I did though as I'm a big fan of science fiction and strategy games and the early reviews seem to indicate it's not ground breaking but very good all the same. Pre-loaded and only 5 hours to go :)

https://www.pcgamer.com/age-of-wonders-planetfall-review/

I pre-ordered this on GOG back in March. The super deluxe edition, too, so I effectively pre-purchased all the DLC expansions that will be upcoming. Triumph is good for it - their worst game IMHO was Age of Wonders 2: The Wizard's Throne and that was still pretty good (just something of a disappointment coming off of the exceptional Age of Wonders 1, and the stand-alone expansion Shadow Magic redeemed much :)).

Back