Anyone deal with a Render?

JrCamacho

Gawd
Ok Long story short:

I was selling my PNY 6800 GT, I get an IM from a guy whos IM is (rendererer) and he says that he saw my post on numerous forums and wanted to purchase my card. I give him my details about the card, how it ran perfect and my max OC. He was very delighted.
Of course, i ask for heat. BAM i see it had 111 or so (heat = Render). I asked him what is his email and he replies [email protected] (just like what heatware said). I figured thats some nice heat. He said he wanted me to ship first, With that kinda heat, i was surely not hesitant to. I actually sent it out the same day.Which was on monday August 30th,2004. I did not have enough money for a shipping confirmation number, and i was sure as hell smart enough to keep the reciept. I sent USPS Priority to his house which his address is:

[hidden for security purposes]

I sent him an email if he got the card yet. Im sure it would have gotten there during this week. I know it seems like im jumping the gun, but i am scared, This is a $400+ item. And i do not want to get scammed on such a thing as i was pulling an arm and a leg to get this.

thanks!

mag just to let u know don't post his info unless u talk to a mod........they can be held accountable

Did you e-mail the hotmail account to confirm that it was HIS account b4 u sent it off?

If you didn't, then you should worry a bit, but other than that, it could be a delay in USPS. (As much as they say it's 2-3 business days, it sometimes take longer than that)

Don't worry about it, the person is probably at work or something and don't check their email 24/7. ;)

JrCamacho said:
i knew that i was jumping the gun :) thanks
Don't worry about it, it is $400 after all, not exactly what I considered pocket change. :p

Though for such a big item, I would probably do a 50/50 and provide the buyer my personal information just to feel better myself. :D

Hope everything is kosher. Heat seems to be good though so you shouldnt worry too much.

But for anything over 100 bucks and shipping first..I'm always certain to get entire personal information. Even if the heat is banging. Home phone and address, what name is on the phone bill, relation to the buyer... if any, place of employment and title if possible. Then I confirm it.
I wouldn't have a problem providing this information to someone, for security purposes, if they were entrusting a hefty chunk of change sent off first. I usually like to assure the same of buyers.. Anyone unwilling is usually suspect.
(edit. Also, escrow.com is great for larger value deals.... 100% guaranteed. Wouldn't ship a pc without it.)

JrCamacho said:
I did not have enough money for a shipping confirmation number, and i was sure as hell smart enough to keep the reciept. I sent USPS Priority to his house...

I looked it up at USPS.com and delivery confirmation on priority mail is only 45 cents! How could you not get it on a $400 item? If he says it never arrived, you're screwed. All for 45 cents?

There are some good tips about avoiding problems in the RS/T Rules.

No matter what, get a name, address and phone number and then confirm the information

So, all you have is a hotmail addy on this guy? Not even an ISP/edu/work addy? No phone number?

I really hope things work out for you on this trade, but if they don't, you have no one to blame but yourself. Sorry, I really don't mean to be harsh on you, but trading online carries an element of risk and it is your responsibility to take precautions to protect yourself.

Good luck with it.

No, I got phone number, and home address, I didnt postit because someone told me not to without consulting a MOD.

And yes, I didnt have enough for a DC, I only brought $7 and shipping was roughly 6.70 something.

Well, I've been doing a little leg work, and, near as I can tell, the name and number are fake. The address, however, is very much real. Since I'm not allowed to post the information here, here's the information I found. The troll also said he worked for Micromanagment. I'm going to make a couple phone calls tomorrow, I've got some contacts in Chicago.

E

Hey Jr. If you determine this is a trolling, pm me any, every and all info on this. You too End..
It's local. I'm definitely game to lend a hand.

I was planning on calling Mrs. Chavez sometime today, see if she knows anything. From reading the AIM convo that Jr sent me, I am pretty sure we are dealing with a guy, so I think that Mrs. Chavez is a mother/ aunt/ whatever, so that might make our lives easier.

E

Sorry if this is off-topic but I was reading this thread and wondering (don't laugh)- what is "heat"? (A dumb question is better than a dumb assumption). Thanks.

Nothing yet, However, I called the number several times, i cant get someone on the other line.

Im going to talk to a neighbor whos a Ex-SDPD officer and ask if he gots some friends etc, that can help me out.

Back