Anyone cable managed their Antec 1200 w/ a Corsair PSU?

[H]adouken

[H]ard|Gawd
Specifically the HX1000?

I'm having a tough time doing properly, even though my PSU is modular (first time ever building let alone cable managing so go easy). I mean the left panel looks decent (pics in post #3) but the right panel behind the motherboard looks like an absolute mess. My SATA cables need to be twisted to click in properly, graphics cards power cables are very tight, have no clue how to hide the rear + front fan wires *well*. My 24-pin motherboard power feels like an anaconda, very tight and twisted to reach. Worst problem is the right panel takes 2 people + patience to get it on, and feels like it's gonna pop off any minute.

(specs in signature)

Would appreciate pics + tips / tricks you have.

Got a couple dark ones, say the word if it's too hard to make anything out and I'll try to get closer shots:

1023807.png

1023808.jpg

(got a better suggestion for placing the HDD?)

[H]adouken;1033757507 said:
Got a couple dark ones, say the word if it's too hard to make anything out and I'll try to get closer shots:

1023807.png

1023808.jpg

(got a better suggestion for placing the HDD?)

LOL mine looks like yours. As long as they are behind the back cover who is going to know:D

Good LORD nderscore, that is perfection!

Could you pretty please explain the process? My biggest problem right now is I'm not sure which order to wire the components up, and how to zip-tie chunks of wires at the right time. How did you hide the fan wires so well!?

Notice you have those wire-clips which look like they stick to surfaces, I dont have any of those!

The back is beautiful =0

I find zip tie mounts to be very handy. They can be found at http://www.uline.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?model=S-12410&ref=3352.

When I started this build, I stripped the case bare. I then sleeved the fan cables black so they are harder to spot on the black finish of the Antec 1200 (plus they look neater when zip tied together). The fans were placed so they had ample distance to the area on the rear side of the drive bays. Next I wired the 8pin down the right side of the back. Consequently, the 24-pin was placed snaking through the middle as best I could. The hard drives were the star piece of this build because they were solid states. Therefore they were easier to hide, hence the custom molex to sata power shown in the 4th picture.

I just stumbled across this thread after seaerching for "Antec 1200". I just finished my build this past weekend. I think I did a very good job routing my cables and such, however it doesn't compare to your perfection nderscore.

However, if that 1000W PSU is like my 750 Corsair, then it's upside down. (because of the fan)

here's my 1200. i didnt take pics of the back panel, but the panel goes on without any issues. first thing i did was splice and used heat shrink tubing on the fan wires. i also did the same for the large wire harness at the top. its not as good as flextech but it does the job.

dsc0011ke.jpg

dsc0014zg.jpg

dsc0017ae.jpg

dsc0018qi.jpg

dsc0020kw.jpg

one thing i noticed in your pics... the top fan wires could be connected on the right at the bottom instead of going all the way to the other side.

the other thing is i would think twice about having your psu mounted that way. i know it looks great but there really isnt alot of room for airflow into the psu when its facing down.

Back