• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Anyone benchmarked a 6800GT0?

matmanx1

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 23, 2004
Messages
93
I'm seriously considering ordering one from Dell as my need for a good PCI-E video card has yet to be scratched and I dont have the $600 to spend on a X800XT PE. Would cost about $450 which is still a stretch but certainly easier to swallow than $600! :p
 
The 6800GTO is slower then the 6800GT... Instead of paying $450 for the GTO.. spend $389 and get the GT. :D
 
The GTO is $450 stand alone??? :eek:

I got mine factory installed in my new 8400, and it was like a $300 upgrade from the default x300 SE card...
 
I called Dell and asked them. 462.95 actually. And Dell is giving no interest til 2005 for qualified buyers (which I am) for any purchase over $500. I got next day shipping and the dvi-vga adapter which bumped me up to 512 and change. 3 months to pay this baby off makes it alot easier to swallow! :)

It's an insane amount for a video card but not alot more than what I paid for my 9800 Pro when I first bought it. If someone was selling a 6800GT in PCI-Express form factor I would jump right on it but as it is I feel like this is my best option.
 
matmanx1 said:
I called Dell and asked them. 462.95 actually.
That's a rip-off. You're better off buying a system with one installed and then sell the system. :p I would if I wanted one that badly.

If you do decide to buy it, be sure to check fatwallet.com or ebay for a software and peripherals coupon (home or small business) because you can save a lot with one. You can get $30 off $450 coupons on ebay for $0.99.
 
I'm glad I took the advice that some of the [H]'ers gave me and didn't buy an i915/i925 board. Instead I got the Abit AS8.......so I could keep my 6800GT.:D
 
Back
Top