• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anyone actually worn out their SSD?

GotNoRice

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Jul 11, 2001
Messages
12,828
I've had my 80gb X25-M G2 for over 2 years now.

I just checked it via Intel SSD Toolbox and it shows 3.84TB lifetime writes and the "Media Wearout Indicator" is at 98

I'm curious if anyone has ever worn out their SSD, or if you have an Intel drive, what is the lowest "Media Wearout Indicator" value you've seen?

I'd guess I'm still doing okay at 98, but I am curious if this figure means the drive will continue to work until it reaches Zero or will the drive begin to experience issues at a higher figure - say 70?
 
Back
Top