Anyone able to buy a video card directly from Nvidia recently? How long are they backordered?

Bageland2000

Limp Gawd
I just sold my 980Ti for an insane amount of money because I'm moving and won't have a PC up and running for a few months anyway. I clicked the "notify me" button on Nvidia's website for when the reference 1080/1080Ti comes in stock. Has anyone recently purchased a card direct from Nvidia? If so, when did you ask to be notified and when did they come back in stock?

The $699 cards sell out incredibly fast. I wouldn't rely on notifications and suggest you buy elsewhere tbh.

Or maybe you get lucky :p

In my experience the notification system doesn't work. You have to manually check the site periodically, however the 1080ti has basically been out of stock for a while now. Even the Titan Xp is going in and out of stock quite frequently.

I have been trying to buy a video card for at least 10 days. I have snagged one 1080ti and i paid $899 for it. $869 if you factor in i sold the freebie low end motherboard on craigslist for $30. three times i was able to get 1080ti founders in my cart, but could not get through checkout before they were gone.

Have passed on many blower style PNY ho hum cards for $849-899. If i pay over $799 i want a higher tier 1080ti. Also, i have got zero emails from nvidia or now in stock. I keep now in stock open in a tab with audio alert when something is in stock, others have said text message alerts are much better.

Geez, OK I didn't realize it was THAT bad.

God I love and hate what bitcoin is dong to GPUs...

I have been trying to buy a video card for at least 10 days. I have snagged one 1080ti and i paid $899 for it. $869 if you factor in i sold the freebie low end motherboard on craigslist for $30. three times i was able to get 1080ti founders in my cart, but could not get through checkout before they were gone.

Have passed on many blower style PNY ho hum cards for $849-899. If i pay over $799 i want a higher tier 1080ti. Also, i have got zero emails from nvidia or now in stock. I keep now in stock open in a tab with audio alert when something is in stock, others have said text message alerts are much better.

$899 is actually a good price for Ti. Local craigslist listings ask 1000+. :(

$899 is actually a good price for Ti. Local craigslist listings ask 1000+. :(
I meant how hard it is to buy direct from Nvidia, not the cost, I'm well aware of how bad that is...

Nvidia needs to stop wholesaling any reference to 3rd parties.

Don't get your hopes up too much. I am going through a refund process now with Nvidia (really it's digital river who runs their eCommerce).

I have had two 1080 ti's and two 1070 ti's on order (Money already taken from bank) from them for over 3 weeks now. I'm done with that and have since sourced all my cards either through the google groups or microcenter. Refund/cancel process now is just another headache and black hole, so I am opening a PP dispute.

Anyways, so even if you do catch an "Add to cart" on the Nvidia site, don't realistically think they have them on hand to sell, because they don't.

Use nowinstock.net 's Google Group feature. It's emails you insanely fast, and even then, you need to react within the minute.

1070 ti: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/nowinstocknet-nvidia-gtx-1070-ti

1080 ti: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/nowinstocknet-nvidia-gtx-1080-ti

they have 1080 and 1070 as well.
Was just about to post this. Glad I scrolled up first.

I snagged a 1080ti last week for 799. Make sure your browser is already logged into newegg, amazon, bh photo, best buy, etc. Have a payment method stored and ready to go and be ready to buy. The top tier cards go in seconds but the "normal" cards are usually up for a few minutes. The emails are very quick but F5 works as well.

http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1080ti/

I meant how hard it is to buy direct from Nvidia, not the cost, I'm well aware of how bad that is...

Nvidia needs to stop wholesaling any reference to 3rd parties.

Ordered a Titan Xp from Nvidia on Tuesday January 24th (in stock, add to cart)--order confirmed, shipped the next day and received Saturday the 27th. Couldn't have been simpler. Free shipping as well. Not sure about the "notify me" option or how long that might take. Nvidia has the Jedi card as "add to cart" right now--the Stars Wars Titan for $1183.

Ordered a Titan Xp from Nvidia on Tuesday January 24th (in stock, add to cart)--order confirmed, shipped the next day and received Saturday the 27th. Couldn't have been simpler. Free shipping as well. Not sure about the "notify me" option or how long that might take. Nvidia has the Jedi card as "add to cart" right now--the Stars Wars Titan for $1183.

I actually attempted to purchase the green star wars titan xp today as soon as I saw "ADD TO CART" replace "NOTIFY ME" and when i would go to check out, my cart would be empty. I called nvidia they confirmed the site was doing what i said it was doing and told me sorry its out of stock and its first come first served. I was like gee, thanks a lump. hours later and the site still says add to cart.....

I was on list for Titan V but so far no reply from them. I have decided not to get Titan V now.

Im going to get a new mountain bike instead for $5000 instead of $3000 for a GPU. My health is more important plus this will be like my 3rd $5k bike.

I am listing two Jedi Order titan Xp's in my thread this very moment (BNIB for cost) if you want something like that?

I also have an Asus 1080 Ti OC Strix and a couple EVGA 1070 Ti's, but those prices are more slightly inflated, so not listed.

When I was shopping video cards and watching Nvidia's website, in January, it seemed like the best time to watch it was 8:30-9:15am PST. On several occasions I saw 1080ti's and Titan Xp's go from "notify me" to "add to cart." The time you could add to cart was never longer than 11 minutes and the shortest I saw was 6 minutes. The most recent one I watched had a stated time to ship of 1-2 weeks rather than being available for shipping. I never saw a card below the 1080 with anything besides "notify me."

I went ahead and ordered the Jedi Order edition on January 20th - paid the $1138.00 with free shipping but they do charge tax.

I did this, thank you. We'll see how it goes!
Holy crap, this is good, but is there any way to set a price maximum? I'm getting blasted in the ass by "hey a 1080Ti is on sale for $8 baggilion dollars ONLY!"

The whole point of this is for me to be patient and get a reasonably-priced GPU. If I wanted a $1,199 1080Ti I'd just grab the next one that comes around in the forums for $899. I just missed an EVGA hybrid the other day for $775.

I am listing two Jedi Order titan Xp's in my thread this very moment (BNIB for cost) if you want something like that?

I also have an Asus 1080 Ti OC Strix and a couple EVGA 1070 Ti's, but those prices are more slightly inflated, so not listed.
I appreciate the offer, but by ceiling is like $800 absolute maximum. I may just wait a few month to see if I can get one for like $600 is the market falls out. I'm in no hurry.

When I was shopping video cards and watching Nvidia's website, in January, it seemed like the best time to watch it was 8:30-9:15am PST. On several occasions I saw 1080ti's and Titan Xp's go from "notify me" to "add to cart." The time you could add to cart was never longer than 11 minutes and the shortest I saw was 6 minutes. The most recent one I watched had a stated time to ship of 1-2 weeks rather than being available for shipping. I never saw a card below the 1080 with anything besides "notify me."

I went ahead and ordered the Jedi Order edition on January 20th - paid the $1138.00 with free shipping but they do charge tax.
Cool thanks for letting me know!

All I can see is this.

Anyone with better luck?

upload_2018-2-4_9-0-46.png

If it wasn't for GeForce Volta/Ampere being within likely 6 months of release, the Titan Xp at full MSRP almost seems like a deal. Hopefully this next-gen release will finally satiate 4K gaming requirement without resorting to SLI or Crossfire.

If it wasn't for GeForce Volta/Ampere being within likely 6 months of release, the Titan Xp at full MSRP almost seems like a deal. Hopefully this next-gen release will finally satiate 4K gaming requirement without resorting to SLI or Crossfire.
A single overclocked GTX 1080 Ti is pretty good for 4k gaming. And GTX 1080 Ti SLI is just nuts. I can run most games with 150% or even 200% DSR which looks insanely nice. 200% DSR is like running the games at 8k resolution. Also keep in mind that it's doubtful that the first batch of Volta/Ampere gaming cards will be significantly faster than a GTX 1080 Ti card, if at all. nVidia typically releases the GTX 2080 cards first and then six months later or so they release the full chip as a Ti card. They could do things differently this time around but I doubt it, personally.

Don't get your hopes up too much. I am going through a refund process now with Nvidia (really it's digital river who runs their eCommerce).

I have had two 1080 ti's and two 1070 ti's on order (Money already taken from bank) from them for over 3 weeks now. I'm done with that and have since sourced all my cards either through the google groups or microcenter. Refund/cancel process now is just another headache and black hole, so I am opening a PP dispute.

Anyways, so even if you do catch an "Add to cart" on the Nvidia site, don't realistically think they have them on hand to sell, because they don't.
Good luck with Digital River.
When I tried to return my Vive they didnt respond at all.
I took my case to my CC bank and they also did not get a response, so they refunded me.
Digital River responded to that, after it went into their black book. They refunded me and the bank withdrew their refund.

Dont wait long before asking your bank for help.

This is why I will never buy or recommend buying from NVidia directly.

My thoughts are that Volta is going to solve the problem, at least temporarily. nVidia is probably mass producing the Volta/Ampere cards right now, which is using up a huge portion of TSMC's fab capacity, which is in turn contributing to the current lack of cards in the channel. They are probably stockpiling cards for a successful launch. nVidia wouldn't want the embarrassment of an AMD-esque launch where everything is OOS and at inflated prices. We'll see. The mining is dying right now also. Bitcoin is way down in value but you should see the alt coins that people are mining, they are getting hammered. If there is much more bleeding, the mining is going to die off, at least temporarily, and definitely over the summer when people have to start dealing with the excess heat in their homes which pretty much doubles the electricity cost of mining.

Back