• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anybody use Songbird?

Aaron11

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 19, 2009
Messages
1,480
I've been looking lately at alternatives to WMP 12 lately. I like WMP, but I wanted to try something different. I don't want to use itunes. But I remember earlier a few years ago Mozilla came out with Songbird. Is it any good? I've been looking at it because I liked the idea of addons since I uise that feature in FF all the time. So how many people use it and what do you like about it? And is Songbird still developed by Mozilla? I didn't see it listed on their website.

Thanks for your help. :)
 
I've tried several times to like Songbird, but I'll be a foobar2000 user until I'm dead. I've considered trying it in OS X, but I'm satisfied with iTunes there, so I haven't found a compelling reason to try it lately.
 
I currently use MediaMonkey and love it. I used songbird for a little while but never got hooked on it.
 
Yes. It's much better now than it used to be, but there are still lots of performance issues and it still misses a lot of features that something like that should have. At the moment I'm still using iTunes, purely because of my videos and podcasts. If Songbird can get those to work properly, then I'll probably switch over. Foobar2000 is still a better music player, and iTunes is still a better media organiser. If you don't want iTunes, I'd go with Foobar2000.
 
Back
Top