Anybody use Songbird?

Aaron11

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been looking lately at alternatives to WMP 12 lately. I like WMP, but I wanted to try something different. I don't want to use itunes. But I remember earlier a few years ago Mozilla came out with Songbird. Is it any good? I've been looking at it because I liked the idea of addons since I uise that feature in FF all the time. So how many people use it and what do you like about it? And is Songbird still developed by Mozilla? I didn't see it listed on their website.

Thanks for your help. :)

I've tried several times to like Songbird, but I'll be a foobar2000 user until I'm dead. I've considered trying it in OS X, but I'm satisfied with iTunes there, so I haven't found a compelling reason to try it lately.

I currently use MediaMonkey and love it. I used songbird for a little while but never got hooked on it.

Yes. It's much better now than it used to be, but there are still lots of performance issues and it still misses a lot of features that something like that should have. At the moment I'm still using iTunes, purely because of my videos and podcasts. If Songbird can get those to work properly, then I'll probably switch over. Foobar2000 is still a better music player, and iTunes is still a better media organiser. If you don't want iTunes, I'd go with Foobar2000.

Back