Anybody Use Koolance Quick Disconnects?

sitalchauhan

Limp Gawd
I am contemplating buy some Koolance Quick Disconnects (QDC) for easy drainage of my watercooling. But they are quite expensive.

I am thinking of running a T-line off the lowest part of my loop, and adding a Male QDC on the end of it.

I was just wondering, is it 100% necessary that I purchase the Female counterpart to be able to drain it? Or can you somehow push the valve in on the Male connector, allowing water to escape?

As the quick disconnects are £15 each here in the UK :( so it would save me quite a bit if I only need to purchase the Male and not the Female

Thanks!

EDIT:
Here is a picture of the Male Koolance QDC VL3N, you can clearly see what looks like a valve in the middle of the end. I was thinking if it is possible to just push this valve in, allowing water to drain out:
65134_0.jpg

Why not just use a drain plug like this?

It's essentially a barb that goes into the tube and then a plug screws into it. To drain the line unscrew the plug.

I dont know why I didnt think of just putting a drain plug on the end, brain fart moment lol!
I will just attach a shortish tube to the bottom of my Micro-Res and put a plug in the end of the tube. Then I can just take this plug out to drain my system easily :)

Last edited:
I dont know why I didnt think of just putting a drain plug on the end, brain fart moment lol!
I will just attach a shortish tube to the bottom of my Micro-Res and put a plug in the end of the tube. Then I can just take this plug out to drain my system easily :)

Or something like this...

DSC01665.jpg

in one setup i had a T-line with a thick yellow hi-liter jamed in the end for a while. workd as good as anything else.

Back