• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anybody try swapping their Logitech mouse light?

Parker

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 18, 2006
Messages
418
I figured I'd try my first mod according to this link. http://www.twistedmods.com/article.php?artid=37

In the end, the blue lights did work. However, my guess is that they were too faint to detect because the mouse would not move. All the buttons worked but the pointer just wouldn't. So I went back in and replaced with the original red light.
 
I did a couple of these mods, I used the model of mouse that is pictured, They worked out really well. make sure that the LED you are useing is the Same voltage that is being used in your current mouse, Also make sure to get a Ultra bright LED. If the voltage is to high on the replacement LED it will not shine brightly, some cheaper LEDs also dont put out much light.
If you are doing this on a newer Mouse the camara might not be tuned the same as the older mice and not pick up the Blue Spectrum very well.
 
I used the same voltage that was used in the tutorial. I wouldn't know how to find the voltage for the original red light in the mouse.
 
Parker said:
I used the same voltage that was used in the tutorial. I wouldn't know how to find the voltage for the original red light in the mouse.
First off, what mouse are you trying to mod? Is it the original Logitech Optical Mouse, or a differant one?
 
What was the MCD rating of the LED you added? I have a few super-high-brightness blue ones that DO work in my optical mouse.
 
Diablo2K said:
First off, what mouse are you trying to mod? Is it the original Logitech Optical Mouse, or a differant one?

Exactly the same mouse in the article.
 
Arcygenical said:
What was the MCD rating of the LED you added? I have a few super-high-brightness blue ones that DO work in my optical mouse.

I'll check on my lunch break.
 
Arcygenical said:
What was the MCD rating of the LED you added? I have a few super-high-brightness blue ones that DO work in my optical mouse.

300 mcd
5 volt
30mA
 
Parker said:
300 mcd
5 volt
30mA

Yeah, that prolly wont cut it. You're actually wanting something with an extra 0 on there like a 3000 MCD LED...
 
Arcygenical said:
I've got a 8000 MCD blue LED if you need it... I have about 4000 of them.

Woah dude! Send me a PM or hit me up on AIM: gstifflerd. I'm always on the lookout for some good LEDs!
 
Arcygenical said:
I've got a 8000 MCD blue LED if you need it... I have about 4000 of them.

Where did you get that? And if you get a bulb with that kind of brightness, would you still need to double up like in the article?
 
Parker said:
Where did you get that? And if you get a bulb with that kind of brightness, would you still need to double up like in the article?
When I did mine I did not need to double up on the LEDs, that is the first time I ever seen it done.

I wouldn't mind getting a couple dozen of those 8000mcd LEDs, I got some mods planned that can use them. Send me a PM so we can work out a deal if you dont mind!
 
Parker said:
Exactly the same mouse in the article.

Same mouse, same led from radioshack. It worked fine but was more picky when it came to surfaces. I did it to the ifeel mouse as well(mouse could rumble in games like unreal). I have done a few of these over the years but found the white led worked better(and was very bright)
 
The blue LEDs worked with my logitech mouse, but I had to use a white mouse pad.
 
If you care about the performance of your mouse, I do not suggest that you change your mouse LED.

The optical sensor is more sensitive to certain wavelengths, red and infrared specifically. As you go away from this region on the spectrum, you lose sensitivity. The problem with IR leds is that they aren't as strong as red ones can be, so red really is the best. I used to run a blue LED, but I noticed that it didn't work as well on certain surfaces, so I did some research and that's what I came up with.
 
Back
Top