Anybody that uses Windowblinds notice this in Firefox?

EGGO

Gawd
Stuck on using IE now for this reason. When I use Windowblinds and Firefox, the browser jitters and shakes. I tried it with other skins, but the same thing keeps happening.

i use both at the same time and find no issues with windowsblinds messing with firefox. since downloading and installing both of those programs takes simply minutes, id download both again and re-install them. then see if your problem continues.

and if so, wait for the next reply which may have a real fix.

happens to me sometimes but i just x out the window then open up again and its fine...i quit using windowblinds tho b/c i use AIM and everytime i click the 'away' icon to put an awy up...it signs me off..dont kno y...

If you running Windows XP stop using Window Blinds.

WindowBlinds uses quite a few hacks to get things skinned. Things that use a mix of standard controls and custom controls (such as FireFox) are often problematic with WindowBlinds.

Not to mention what WindowBlinds does often causes a performance hit. Windows XP's built in skinning support does not.

Hmmm...ok. I would like to skin my Windows though. I need to see my other thread and see what is suggested to make Windows XP look a little less standard.

stevewm said:
If you running Windows XP stop using Window Blinds.

WindowBlinds uses quite a few hacks to get things skinned. Things that use a mix of standard controls and custom controls (such as FireFox) are often problematic with WindowBlinds.

Not to mention what WindowBlinds does often causes a performance hit. Windows XP's built in skinning support does not.
Not 100% true, I won't argue that WindowBlinds doesn't use tricks, but depending on the skin format a lot of what windows blinds does just makes use of the built in engine in windows...the same was that windows own skins work. As for windows skins not taking a hit, thats not so true either. You can gain performance back by using a more minimalist skin that uses smaller image sizes and fewer colors through WindowBlinds. If you have a fast computer you probably won't notice a difference, but on some what more dated ones you can feel a difference responsiveness just switching from Aqua to the standand windows classic skin. As for the flickering, I had problems with other programs in the past, but it went away when I updated WindowsBlinds to the most recent version. I don't know if thats your problem though.

If you want to skin Windows XP just download the hacked version of uxtheme.dll. Do a search on google for it. After you replace that DLL you'll be able to apply any themes you want.

Back