Anybody switched from AT&T legacy unlimited to U-Verse TV unlimited?

TheGardenTool

2[H]4U
I'm looking to trim back on some of the monthly bills. I took a look at the AT&T Mobile Share plans now that they offer an unlimited data option. We already have U-Verse TV, and not looking to get rid of it anytime soon. It looks like even after FAN discounts, the mobile share will save about $10 per month and maybe a little bit more after fees with the lower base rate. Both of our phones are still under contract for about the next 12-18 months. My understanding is once those contracts end, there is another discount per device.

It's highly unlikely I would cancel Internet and TV service from AT&T anytime soon. Gigapower is finally available for me and I will be calling retention soon to see what kind of offers I can get since my other promos ended. No interest in going back to Cox, especially since TiVo has jacked their lifetime service rates up. Google Fiber is exploring the area for expanding services, but that could still be years away before it's actually available. We won't need to add anymore devices to the plan for several years.

I understand you still can't use the new unlimited plan for hotspot or tethering, but does anybody know if FaceTime works over it? I didn't see any limitations about that in the fine print, and would be nice to be able to use while away from Wi-Fi.

There are no limitations on what you can use. You just can't use the hotspot feature. You could be slowed after 23GB of usage just like the legacy unlimited.

The no contract discount does not apply to the Unlimited plan. It is $60 +
$40 for the first line and then $40 for each additional line. The 4th is free.

Your FAN discount will apply to the $60 charge only. So if your fan is 10%, you'd save $6 and so on.

If you have two phones, you will pay:

$60 + $40 + $40 - FAN%($60) + taxes/fees and any additional services like insurance.

There are no limitations on what you can use. You just can't use the hotspot feature. You could be slowed after 23GB of usage just like the legacy unlimited.

The no contract discount does not apply to the Unlimited plan. It is $60 +
$40 for the first line and then $40 for each additional line. The 4th is free.

Your FAN discount will apply to the $60 charge only. So if your fan is 10%, you'd save $6 and so on.

If you have two phones, you will pay:

$60 + $40 + $40 - FAN%($60) + taxes/fees and any additional services like insurance.

Thanks for the reply, big_aug. That does kind of suck that the device fee stays $40 even after it's paid off or out of contract. That discount would have definitely made it worth it to move away to start lowering the bill next year. Perhaps it's not worth messing with it just to save $10/month right now.

Yea, the discount only applies to MSVPs with a data limit like the 15gb. You can easily change your plan at any time in your online account or in the myatt app. It actually will give you a pretty good breakdown of what costs will be on your current plan vs the new plan.

I would check that out. Its super simple to change your plan. If you would save money by doing that, there's not really a reason not to change it. You can't get your old unlimited back, but if you're going to have att services anyway then nothing to worry about.

There is also a $10 discount available if you Unify your account. Unify is pretty much a fancy word for combined bill. Your Uverse and Mobility accounts would be on the same bill and then you'd save $10 off that.

Check out att.com/combinebill for more information.

If you call, just be super nice and personable with the reps. They are trained to make personal connections with their customers. If you make that easy for them, then it will be easier for them to help you and give you accurate info.

Back