Anybody seen this error message??

cablepro

Limp Gawd
I got this on a Windows 2000 Server

"The Open Procedure for service "SNTIE" in DLL "Perfctrs.dll" failed.
Performance data for this service will not be available. Status code returned is DWORD 0"

Any ideas?

Thanks

Not really, but all it means is that if you want to profile the performance of the SNTIE service using a counter in Microsoft's Performance Monitor software, that you won't be able to monitor it.

If you actually need to monitor it and assuming you don't already know to which piece of software that service is related...

I'd verify there isn't any description information in regards to an SNTIE service listed in the "Services" administration tool. If there was, I'd google based on that and then call the vendor if I didn't find anything.

If that didnt' work, try showing hidden devices in device manager, open the "Non-plug and Play Drivers" section and look for a device named SNTIE listed there. Go to the driver properties and see if a display name that means more to you is listed. I'd google based on that and then call the vendor if I didn't find anything.

If that didn't work, I'd perform a registry search in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE for a data string of SNTIE to find out exactly what the name of the exe or dll file is for the piece of software that is providing the service. I'd google based on that and then call the vendor if I didn't find anything.

Back