anybody playing split/second?

Kahnvex

2[H]4U
I got it from gamefly, played through a few seasons and tried the online portion out. While I think the game designers are insane in a good way, as it pertains to the different race events they laid out in SP, the MP sorta left me disgruntled.

There is no lobby so to speak, and I don't know if there isn't anyone playing it online, or something, but it seems to throw me into the same game regardless of if I back out and try to get back in. One issue is that you have to wait until the race is finished, which can mean a while between joining and actually getting to play. Another is that it doesn't seem to balance matches at all. That may be due to low player base, but it's the worst example of this I've seen in some time.

The most egregious thing is that there is no balancing function in the games. When you join a match, there can be 6 people with the best car in the game, and if you have a lesser car, you end up racing by yourself basically.

They could really do with a list function so that people can join the most full game out there. Or some sort of class playlist so you can join in at the level you've reached in single player. I'll definitely play it some more, but I guess I'll have to wait til I beat single player, or reach a season where it unlocks the better cars.

Anybody else trying it out?

I've been playing the hell out of this in PC. Easily the most fun I've had with a racing game in a long time.

My friend brought this over yesterday. I was very displeased. Cars need to be balanced, AI is lacking, Physics and 'drifting' is not well done. Very little unlocked when you first start playing. Just a bad experience IMO.

I can't find a new car that I like as much as the GT400. Everything else feels too floaty, or squirrely to me around corners. Problem is, by Season 7 or episode 7, (whatever) the GT400 isn't a competitor any longer.

I agree with the balance complaint above, I guess I just wish the unlocks were distributed differently, or something.

Back