Anybody hosting ftp sevrer behind wrt54g?

Cheetoz

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm trying to run guildftpd on my computer, but my router seems to be blocking it. I tried hosting it on my 56k and it worked, so i know its no software firewall issue.

My wrt54g is using Firmware Version: v3.03.6. My port range foward stting are, 21-21 tcp open, and 5000-5125 tcp open. pretty much what was on this guide. http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,12329921

But I just cant connect to my server using my wan ip. It works fine with my lan ip.

I've been hosting FTP's on my WRT54g for quite some time and it works great. Technically, all you need to forward is port 21.

But anyways, does your FTP client say unable to connect, or does it connect, but not quite log in? Are you forwarding the ports to the correct IP of your LAN computer?

yes I got the right ip. and port 21 is fowarded.

Code:
Error:   Unable to connect!

Does your ISP block port 21? Try switching the port to something like 393 just to see if it's an ISP issue.

All i have done on my router is just enable port forwarding of 21.

then you have to have your client set to PASV.

i run GuildFTP also. works like a champ. also check out his forums.

QM

Is the WRT54G running the internet, or telling the modem to connect?

I know on my network, since the modem is running the internet and assigning an IP to the WRT54G, so port fowarding wont work past the modem

my modem is connecting to the internet, and my router is a bridge.

I tried switching ports and anything else the admin at guildftpd forums had in mind/

There is a simple solution to this. Make sure you are forwarding using "UPnP Forwarding", not "Port Range Forwarding". This should solve your problem.

All i have is the ability to enable or disable upnp, which it was already enabled.

well i guess its not a router issue. I tried connecting directly to my modem, and i still cant connect. i tried using different random ports, but nothing.

as i said before, this sound slike the issue i have.
With the modem being the first connected device, it wont always pass things on properly.

Make sure your MODEM is working in BRIDGE more. this means you will need to tell the router to connect and receive the IP from the ISP.

Back