Anybody here use one of those mouse bungee/holder thingys ?

Friction from wire drag is inconsistent and affects your movement. Yeah people would consider that overkill and it doesn't completely solve the problem either. You still have weight of the wire swinging around. The only way to completely get rid of that is to go wireless.

I'm just not sure if it's just gimmick or a worth wild option, I wonder if the pro's use such a thing.

Works just as well to hang the cord behind your monitor using a ziptie, sticky tape or whatever else you can rig up. If your desk faces a wall its not visible to anyone either so it can look like ass and no one will know.

My Swiftpoint Z came with this aluminum cube that serves as a bungee with any mouse cord that's stiff enough, usually the braided ones. (Which, in my experience, covers a lot of gaming mice, particularly Logitech ones.)

It does the job remarkably well to the point that I could see them making a fair chunk of change just by selling those cubes standalone. Heck, I'm sure that someone else could just 3D-print something similar in shape and accomplish the same effect.

I was wondering the same thing cause I have a cord thing on my desk but the movement is hindered.
Are these Mouse Bungies so light that they would fall off the desk? If you hold the cord of your mouse like 6" up I suppose that is what the Bungie would be like. I'm just wondering if it would fall off the desk the cheaper ones look really lite. I think I'll try the one for 4.50 and free shipping on ebay to see if it works out. The Zowie one looks the nicest but it's like 29.00.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25PCS-Smart...599069&hash=item4662d60e2c:g:DngAAOSwCQZZCsz2

I got some of these from Walmart a year ago but the sticky thing came lose so I stopped using them. But I added one to my desk recently with Gorilla Glue and Velcro. I had one on my desk it wasn't working very well so I added a 2nd one for some extra mouse cord slack and it works wonders now. I think these work better than a Mouse Bungie that might break or just get in the way or the cable will fall out I'm reading.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have my computer on my desk, and use this gizmo to keep the cord out of the way. Works pretty well, its behind my monitor so it does not really appear.

AxfFEH0.jpg

I use one and I legit love it. Cable always lays the same way every day, and mouse feel is always the same.

xGy8WTc.jpg

Back