anybody heard a date on a new e8400 stepping?

inbox899

n00b
building a new system, hoping for a new stepping on an e8400. haven't heard anything definite yet, just speculation. Any good, or even sorta good, information would be appreciated.

I doubt they'll be a new stepping anytime soon - they only came out, what, two months ago?

yea, but with all the posts flying around with temp sensor problems (hopefully not real heat issues), and with the e8400 practically being pulled off the shelf (or sold out and not replaced), it leads me (and others) to think a new stepping could be around the corner. Of course, I could be all wrong - that's what I'm trying to find out. There certainly is little to no talk about it right now. But I would sure hate to purchase a C0 then come to find a couple weeks later a new stepping being introduced.

yea, but with all the posts flying around with temp sensor problems (hopefully not real heat issues)
I haven't read anything to indicate that Intel considers there to be a problem.
They have been consistent in saying that the sensors are there to shutdown the chip at high temps and NOT as convenient temp monitors for us.

As long as the sensor is accurate in the higher registers, as far as Intel is concerned, it's just fine.

Back