Anybody have this happen before?

krameriffic

2[H]4U
OK, so I was pushing my OC a little further tonight on the system in my sig, on the stock cooler. I had gotten it up to about 2.7GHz when it booted smoothly, I got into XP, and right there, it froze and the system beeped at me. So I figured reboot and lower the clocks right? However, the system failed to boot because it no longer recognized my HDD through the SATA1 port on my mobo. So I reset the CMOS and changed it to the SATA2 port and it worked just fine, no file corruption or issues with the HDD itself.

Has anybody had a failed overclock screw up the SATA port you had your HDD plugged into before? What could have caused that, of all things, to be the part that got screwed up? Pretty weird I think.

Yeah, I've had a lot of weird stuff like that happen, it seems pretty random. Earlier tonight I locked up my system while pushing an overclock, and when I rebooted my USB and the mouse PS/2 ports were dead. I cleared the CMOS, rebooted twice (?) and they worked again.

Short version: Shit happens when you OC :p .

The whole SATA thing happens all the time with me as well when I overclock as well. No clue as to why it happens however. :confused:

Could possibly be due to a buggy PCI freq lock.

My old MSI Nf3 Neo-2's PCI lock did not function properly on SATA ports 1 & 2 and would of course cause tons of errors. POrts 3 & 4 were locked properly and would work fine

Back